Sundy Breakfast

Started by Alboy, December 26, 2004, 02:05:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alboy

Mornin, Sleepy heads

Gotta go to the Houston Ship Channel and supervise loading some cargo bound for Argentina this morning.

I will fix breakfast on my way out and just pile the dishes and I will catch them this afternoon.

Plenty of left overs from yesterday.

Pan sausage, link sausage, bacon, ham for meats.

Pancakes. Or yams or white mashed potatoes fry them up in patties or just heat and load up with syrup, butter, cream and jellies for fixins.

Eggs for the fixin.

Grits for the boilin

Coffee (use the wooden spoons as metal ones disolve), hot chocolate, tea (bagged so there is green, several specialty, decaf) and milk.

All in the cooler so just warm up what you want.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Antler3

Thanks for breakfast. I would do up some of the dishes but I'm on my way to the deer woods. It's only 5:00 a.m. might have time to do up a few before I leave. Gonna be an interesting ride up the mnt. with the snow on :) I'll let ya know how it goes. The coffee sure is good this morning Thanx.
ANTLER 3

LLANOJOHN (deceased)

Alboy!!!

A good morning to you, neighbor!!!  I just stopped in to grab a cup of coffee........until I saw those PANCAKES................YUMMY!!!  Haven't had flapjacks in so long almost forgot they existed!  Duhhh!

Don't worry about the dishes..........under my control...they will either get washed or broken!

Did ya get any of that white stuff?  I think they call it 'snow'?  Can you believe up to 12" over at Tilden?  Victoria, TX gets its first snow in 80+ years?  And 'snow' at Galveston?

I may just go back to bed...........just can't stand all this excitement!!!

Ol' John (with butter & honey drippin' off my chin!)
Life Member-NRA-TSRA
Riflesmith-Bolt & Lever Centerfires Only
Left-Hand Creek Rifles
Mark Twain was right-"There is no such thing as too much good whiskey!"
My best advice.."Best to stay outta trees and offa windmills!"

RumRunner

Good Morning Folks!

Them Flapjacks do look good! Guess I gotta go fix my Grandson's Muzzleloader I got him fer Christmas, it seems he got off about 15 shots before sumtin went south on him.

I told him to wait on Grandpa...I would take him out today. But no, he couldn't wait, his daddy took him, and now they want me to come clean up the mess.

Oh well, that's what Grandpa's are fer, I suppose.

Reckon I'll just break me off a chunk of that coffee and run. I would help ya with them dishes John, but me sensisitive hands don't deal right good with them dish detergent thingys. :o
Walk softly and carry a big ol\' Smoothbore!

rockinbbar

Mornin' All!

That was a great breakfast! I can nearly eat it all after all that turkey & dressing yesterday.

Yep, John....That "Norther" went on down South didn't it? I'm glad those folks saw a white Christmas...It'll be something they tell their grandkids about!

Have a great day!

Rockin'
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

Skip

Alboy...thanks for the great breakfast!!

A3  good luck on your hunt

Hondo...wipe the honey and butter off your chin and get out of bed

RR....isn't being a Grampa a wonderful thing...and you sound like a great one

Rockin'....I hope you have a great day

Hi to all the stragglers!

Kit

Mornin!

I slept in *yawn*

Dogs reset my puter somehow...coffee strong just how it's best.

Thanks for that breakfast and savin that plate wit me name on it.

Quote from: RumRunner
 Reckon I'll just break me off a chunk of that coffee and run. I would help ya with them dishes John, but me sensisitive hands don't deal right good with them dish detergent thingys. :o
Rum - I got these thangs jest fer thet.  I know you can get them around Seattle as that's where I picked these up!  There must be lots of highly sensitive folks there as every time I went in the store I seen these fake rubber hands hangin up there with holes in them to hide the real ones in.

I was readin too much about all them sensitive folks and it got to botherin me so I moved t'th' other side of the mountains.

But I brought these rubber...AH! gloves that's it! I bro't them along.

I would wash the dishes but I'm a feminist now.  

Thanks for the yummy spread Alboy!  

It's not too chilly here, our white Christmas was fog compliments of Seattle with some acid from Mt. St. Helens mixed in (I can always feel it.)

For a change the westside kept the wind and snow.    

Blessings on your day
 ~Kit
 :D

Alboy

Feminist

Isn't that cute?

Means your short and cute and on the light side............................................Right?
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Alboy

Hondo

White stuff? That was snow?

Man am I relieved I thought the world was ending and the sky was falling. Heck me and chicken little done woke up the whole block.

Thanks on the dishes and your plan pretty much mirrors mine. Figured most folks would see the paper plates and the camp fire would do most of the washing. Then its just cups and utensils and those are a zip. Specially if folks will toss 'em in the boiling soapy water next to the coffee pot. By the time that cools to hand temp it is mostly rinse and dry and put away.

Bed don't sound so bad. Nested up in the straw in the barn and the dogs joined early on, cozy.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

RumRunner

Kit seez......"Rum - I got these thangs jest fer thet. I know you can get them around Seattle as that's where I picked these up! There must be lots of highly sensitive folks there as every time I went in the store I seen these fake rubber hands hangin up there with holes in them to hide the real ones in."

I can't quit laughing over that one.:D

Ya gotta see my post in the Black Powder section here on the forum, regarding an encounter I had about 4:30 this morning at the 7-11 store.....that thang I described could certainly have used sum of them "fake rubber hands" you are talking about.

Also, there ain't no none of theem feminist what lives over where you do. Them's real wimmen folk, otherwise they couldn't last out the winter. All them "feminist" and "gentlemens" live over in Seattle. Aint none of 'em on the peninsula either....at least that I've seen.

Walk softly and carry a big ol\' Smoothbore!

Antler3

Quote from: Antler3Thanks for breakfast. I would do up some of the dishes but I'm on my way to the deer woods. It's only 5:00 a.m. might have time to do up a few before I leave. Gonna be an interesting ride up the mnt. with the snow on :) I'll let ya know how it goes. The coffee sure is good this morning Thanx.
I messed up yesterday and let a 6 to 8 point get away from me. First time this has happened to me. I'm still feeling all bummed out this morning.  :(   I tracked him for about 200 yards through a holler and up and over the county road into some huge hay fields. Found one spot of blood where he had crossed the road and jumped the fence. Came back got my husband and son-in-law and we went back and was able to track him all the way across three hay fields...we figured about a mile. There was a good blood trail through the holler but it stopped about the time he crossed the road.
When I shot him he reared straight up and fell over layed there for it seemed like 5 min. I was watching the smaller buck that was with him. He started struggling and got behind some brush then jumped up. I shot again and apparently missed , he didn't act like he was hit a second time. This is the one thing that I never wanted to happen....The blood was light colored . And seemed to be a wounded left leg, found couple drag marks. I have no idea how to follow him any further than we did. He could of went in any direction and without a blood trail is difficult to do. I shot him at about 10:00 am and we looked for him until about dark. :o
ANTLER 3

rockinbbar

By the way he acted when shot & the color of the blood, it was way more than likely a superficial wound...

I'm guessing the shot nicked a portion of the upper vertibrea...That can cause a deer to go down, recover from the shock, then get up & run off...

Also, I have seen deer nicked in the neck, or believe it or not even the antlers. In most cases, the deer gets up & runs off to make a full recovery, leaving the hunter there shaking his head....LOL.

Light blood is almost always a sign of a superficial wound....Had the shot nicked the underside of the vertibrea, the blood would have been dark, & more than likely, you would have found the buck after a short distance.

Rockinbbar
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

RatherBHuntin

I sure hate to hear that Antler3,  I know it must be tearing you up.  Sounds like you definately put some time in tracking him, and if he went that far, he may just be allright.  Perhaps you'll see him next year.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

Kit

Quote from: RatherBHuntinI sure hate to hear that Antler3, I know it must be tearing you up. Sounds like you definately put some time in tracking him, and if he went that far, he may just be allright. Perhaps you'll see him next year.
Awww heck...maybe you did him a FAVOR.  Maybe he will recover and live to an old old age as a hunt-smart buck and be written up in the Sasquatch annals...

*hug*
 ~Kit

Antler3

Thanks for all the input ya'll .... yea it really hit me harder than I imagined it would. I've heard of it happening to others but was dreading the day it happened to me. We followed him as far as possible and I went back yesterday and hunted the same area. Saw two doe in the morning and 6 in the evening. Have today and then its over. Maybe that ol' buck will be around today lol.
ANTLER 3

Tags: