Baikal IZH27 Shotgun

Started by Marlin917VS, December 25, 2004, 08:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marlin917VS

Got one for Christmas. It is extremely nice. Its a Russian company. Over under with 3 inch chamber and 3 choke tubes, and it all came in a carrying case. Whole package...ONLY $400. I saw it in a store a while ago and saw the price and thought it would be a peice of crap and it was nicer than a lot of the more expensive OU shotguns they had. The only bad thing is that it needs a LOT of break-in, its really tight opening and closing, but it already got better from just working with it while watching tv. Really nice walnut stock with a nickel reciever and polished blue barrel. To top it off it fits me and is balanced too. I got the one with the 28 inch barrel but they also have a 26" for sure and I read somewhere that there is also a 30" and 32". If you are looking for a over under shotgun and don't want to spend over 1K then take a good look at baikal. They also have the same one but with the blued reciever that has an older look to it. The website is: http://www.eaacorp.com/firearms/longguns//overunder/hunting/index.shtml

Here is the picture from the website. Mine has a nicer stock on it I think, my dad looked at the 3 they had in the store and picked the nicest one!!
"If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil."

The 30-06 is like a perfect steak next to a campfire, a .300 Win Mag is the same but with mushrooms, a baked potato, and some A-1 Steak sauce...

Kit

It really is beautiful ! so cool! ENJOY!
 ~Kit

Hunterbug

That's a nice looking shotgun. I've seen them several times and considered it but I don't shoot shotguns enough to warrant another one.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

LLANOJOHN (deceased)

Marlin,

I am pretty sure you have a winner there.  Just did the transfer of one of those for a customer here.  It was the first one I had seen up close & personal.  Good machine work, good wood, felt nice to the hands and went to the shoulder nicely.  I was impressed and I don't really care much of o/u's but I just might get my mind changed if I ever get to shoot one.   Good on ya...get out and enjoy!

Ol' John
Life Member-NRA-TSRA
Riflesmith-Bolt & Lever Centerfires Only
Left-Hand Creek Rifles
Mark Twain was right-"There is no such thing as too much good whiskey!"
My best advice.."Best to stay outta trees and offa windmills!"

Tags: