Some terrain pics

Started by babbyc1000, November 06, 2008, 05:35:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

babbyc1000

Just thought id post a couple of pics that i took recently in gosford forest park which is beside my house. i normally take the dogs for a walk down there at weekends, plus it gives you an idea of the type of terrain i hunt in (when its not open fields) although gosford is strictly no hunting.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s76/babbyc1000/DSC00146.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s76/babbyc1000/DSC00180.jpg

the first one shows katya and her sister (katya's wearing my white hat) with my two dogs, arnie (showing his back side to the camera...) and jess. the second pics a bit blurred, but it shows me walking arnie through a river.:biggthumpup:
Dont worry, I have a cunning plan...

kombi1976

Ahhh....the dampness of GB.
I remember it fondly from my visit in '01.
I didn't make it to Northern Ireland, just to England, Wales and Scotland, but it rained everywhere!
With those red eyes those dogs of yourn look like the Hound of the Baskervilles. :D
Must be interesting to hunt in that sort of terrain.
No wonder you like your shottie.
Cheers & God Bless
22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 N.E. 3"

Daniel in Ak

pretty cool looking country there for sure.I like it.I jst watched the Omen today and your dogs have that Omen look to em.Im glad Im over here ;)

babbyc1000

heh heh theyre big softies really, unless youre a burgler. or the heating oil delivery man. or the postman. or the window cleaner. yeah actually i wouldnt advise any1 to go near them unless im there now i think about it lol :)

yep kombi you got it, a rifles no use in that kinda terrain - open farmlands ok but you never know where the round will land, and theres a load of houses for a loose round to hit, so we normally keep the rifles for blasting targets, or occasionally foxes. ive gone through approx 6000 .22lr rounds from september 06, and ive only had 10 or 15 kills in that!

kombi1976

Sounds like you should get into rook rifles and the like.
Y'know......larger calibre heavy bullets at moderate speeds.
Knocks game down gangbusters at short to medium range.
Things like 25-20, 32-20 and even 357 Mag and 45 Long Colt for harder hitting fun.
I know handguns are banned but surely you can get brass for rifles and if you load them with lead pills it keeps your velocities even lower and your neighbours friendlier.
Think about it.
They are lever gun rounds which makes them fun for plinking and use little powder when you reload.
Hey, why not look for a little Taurus Thunderbolt in 45 Long Colt and learn to shoot it accurately with the buckhorn sights.
Cheers & God Bless
22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 N.E. 3"

babbyc1000

hmm its something to look into, im not sure what way it would work with the police tho thats the only thing, getting licences are a problem especially as ive already got 3 firearms and need to "prove" i have the need for another gun - the answer "because i want it" doesnt cut it over here :(:(:(

im not sure what the benefit of one would be over a 12ga shotgun tho, could i be a pain in the backside and ask you to explain a bit more about them mate? cheers

ps - hopefull getting a new camera soon, ill take some more pics of us when we go hunting, let you see our gear, etc

recoil junky

Awe babby, now me eart's all bumpin' and me eye's waterin'. Lost me rottie to bone cancer here 3 years ago. She was quite a lady. Never bit anyone that didn't deserve it.

Cool pictures of your countryside by the way.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

babbyc1000

awww mate im really sorry to hear that. i know everyone says this about their dogs but there is something really special about rotties compared to the rest, i know id be in pieces if anything happened to mine.

Tags: