October Harvest

Started by bowhunter 51, November 05, 2008, 07:04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowhunter 51

Here's one of two yearling does I"ve taken with bow this season....
Not nothing to write home to Moma about,...but....I thought worthy
of "show and tell"......about 30 yrd shot as an arrow flies....no blood
trail to speak of for the 1st 40 yrds or so...got a peice of both lungs but
still went a surprizing 100 yrds,..maybe...I was set at a full 70 lbs, draw
but this season backed it off to (what I thought) 60 lbs...I beleive it's
much less probably....It's like a whole new ball game, for me...I can hold
it back at full draw much easier now...but, sacrificing arrow speed,
trajectory and penetration................................................................BH51......
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

Alboy

Did you replace the arrow for the picture? If not I would say you are some less than 60 lbs. Not that it matters much when you have the deer.

Texas requires 45 lbs for legal draw weight, I have been working up a recurve in 50 but do not feel comfortable to hunt this year.

Good job
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

RatherBHuntin

Congrats, I've only come to full draw once, and didn't even release.  I hope to change that this weekend.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

bowhunter 51

Quote from: Alboy;85451Did you replace the arrow for the picture? If not I would say you are some less than 60 lbs.

Nope,.....same aluminum arrow (bent beyond repair) and ....I agree,....
probably closer to 50# than 60#....not really happy with it...think I'll
tune it back and re-string it..................................................................BH51...

davidlt89

nice looking deer!! she will taste good! God bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Vermonster

Congrats BH51!!!!  Nice eating, for  sure!!! :biggthumpup:

bowhunter 51

Yea, ...guys!....back'strap so tender..ya don't even have to chew it:smiley: ...BH51

davidlt89

how many more deer are you allowed BH? Glad to hear you are enjoying the meat. God Bless.

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

bowhunter 51

Quote from: davidlt89;85594how many more deer are you allowed BH? Glad to hear you are enjoying the meat. God Bless.

3 bucks &  8 does, .....in the county that I reside, Davidt.....I live in an
area that permits additional doe harvest to balance and maintain a
healthy herd....a responsibility of which, I have no  problem......BH51...

LvrLover

Quote from: bowhunter 51;85624I live in an
healthy herd....a responsibility of which, I have no problem......BH51...
Ditto. :food04: Dem yung uns sure are tasty too!
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils." General John Stark

davidlt89

Quote live in an

healthy herd..
our state needs to contact your state!!!!!!!!!!! way to many does up here and we never get to shoot them excpet for bow and then if we do, we are done becuase we are only allowed one deer. God Bless.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Antler3

Congrats on your success !   I am only pulling 40# ( legal draw weight for us) with my little bow and the arrow went almost through with only about an inch of the fletching showing, then he wheeled to run and the arrow caught a tree and pulled it out of him. It was a 20 yard shot with 200 grain carbon arrow and a 75 grain muzzy three blade.  I wouldn't want to shoot mine any farther than 20 yards though. Hope to get mine turned up a little by next season.  Enjoy those yearlings mighty fine eating :biggthumpup:
ANTLER 3

RatherBHuntin

Antler, I bet you can easily add five or ten pounds to your bow now that you have been shooting it, and a 45 pound draw will get you a pass through just about everytime.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

gitano

I've shot arrows through caribou and ranges considerably farther than 30 yds. I'm guessing that bow isn't even 40#.

Nonetheless, congratulations! Keep at it, and take all 8 of those does!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Paul Hoskins

bh51, congrat's. That's the kind of deer I like. The ones you can pick up and carry under your arm. I can't bow hunt because of shoulder problems but my girlfriend ordered me a crossbow today. I'll make a cocking system for it using a toggle type linkage. Prolly won't get it till Jan. I'm looking foreward to playing with it. It's supposed to have a red dot sight with it. Just a cheapie outfit but something to play with. We don't have a limit on does here in northern Ky.    ..........Paul H

Tags: