Tractor

Started by drinksgin (deceased), October 30, 2008, 05:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drinksgin (deceased)

For 10 years I have pampered, petted and patched my '48, 8N.
The fickle female has finally decided to sulk, long term.
I said, ok, let's just buy a new tractor, I checked several dealers around here, after I recovered from the panic attack, [small tractors with a loader and brush cutter, $12,000-$18,000],
I checked used tractors, almost none available and just about as high as the new ones.
So I went to the internet and found several new tractors at much better prices, finally found one less than 80 miles away, Yanmar YM 1500, with a loader and a brush cutter,  less than $ 6,000 , delivered.
I did have to relocate the seat, japs must be about 5' because I am just 5'7" and I had to move the seat back 3 1/2" to manipulate the clutch and brakes.
3 hours of running, less than 2 gals of diesel and never stalled it out, even in the worst wire grass.
Afte checking, found out John Deere tractors under 35hp are made by Yanmar, so are the Cub Cadet over grown lawn mowers, with a loader and mower, $13,000.
If all goes well, I am very pleased.
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

davidlt89

great purchase Don. my father in law grows christmas trees and has a yanmar. he recently purchased a John Deere 2520 and now uses that but still has the yanmar. I bought a case 3 years ago with a 60" mowing deck and a 50 in snowthrower, it was more than 6,000:eek: . I really like it though, and the four wheel drive is a necessity in the winter. Have fun, God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

LvrLover

I have driven lots of tractors in my life, but my favorite is still an old Allis Chalmers WD45. I hauled a lot of loads of hay with that old beast. Like most of those older tractors they were used for far more than they were rated for and took it like champs. I don't think the 7810 JD we use as a utility tractor will still be around after 60 years. They don't make em like they used to.
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils." General John Stark

RatherBHuntin

I just saw an Allis Chalmers tractor go up the road, was on a trailer though
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

Tags: