Breakfast For A Cold Christmas Morning!

Started by LLANOJOHN (deceased), December 25, 2004, 03:14:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LLANOJOHN (deceased)

Friends & Neighbors!

A good CHRISTMAS MORNING to y'all..!!  28 degrees here at the ol' homestead...BRRRR!

Lets start off with the making of the coffee..fresh ground and STRONG!

In a small sauce pan, bile some water for the making of southern HOMINY GRITS, when ready spoon into a cup, top it with a coupla pads of butter, sprinkle coarse ground black pepper and a coupla slices of jalapeno pepper or red chunky salsa!  (you northern or western folk may not be aware of Hominy Grits...'bout time you larned!)

Into the frying pan, a quarter pound of hot spiced pork sausage, chop it real good and when about 2/3 done, add the innards of 2 fresh country eggs and scramble.  Yummy!

Take one ripe Roma tomatoe and slice into wedges, a coupla slices of Texas Sweet Onion, put on a seperate small plate along with a coupla jalapenos!   Gotta love it!  On a seperate saucer pour out enough chunky red salsa to cover--don't be bashful now, ya hear!!!

Heat up a coupla tortillas harina and place on small plate and throw a coupla pads of butter to melt..........SWEET!!!

If you like, glass of milk (fresh squeezed-har-har-har) or orange juice(don't care for it myself, I prefer hot & spicey V-8 tomato juice)

For dessert, biscuits, butter(real), honey and orange marmalade washed down with the 3rd or 4th cup of that strong coffee..........ahhhhhh- Neighbors, it don't git no better than this...........SALUD!!!!!......MERRY CHRISTMAS...FELIZ NAVIDAD......

Ol' John..:D :D :D ;) ;)

PS...My apology for no pics this AM...batteries just plumb tuckered out in the digital.
Life Member-NRA-TSRA
Riflesmith-Bolt & Lever Centerfires Only
Left-Hand Creek Rifles
Mark Twain was right-"There is no such thing as too much good whiskey!"
My best advice.."Best to stay outta trees and offa windmills!"

RumRunner

Merry Christmas John.

Thanks for the breakfast. Wishing you and yours all the best on this special day.  :)

Walk softly and carry a big ol\' Smoothbore!

Daryl (deceased)

Feliz Navidad mi amigos!!!  Muchos gracias por comida, Senior Hondo.

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and a prosperous new year in 2005!!

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Jay Edward (deceased)

Thankee kindly John...always up for some strong coffee.

Hope all you folks have a special Christmas and that you appreciate where those gifts come from.:D

12 gauge

Merry christmas everyone!

And a good morning to all!

I hope everyone had a great time today and last night!

Thanks for the breakfast John! Me and my folks are setting up for a christmas dinner, can't wait to dig in!

Everyone have a great day and god bless :D
"I only hunt and fish on days that end in \'Y\'"- 12 gauge

Tags: