Would you take safety advice from this guy?

Started by kombi1976, September 20, 2008, 03:33:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kombi1976

If anyone is a member of this forum you may've read this already.
If not......well, you'll understand.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=393304

Personally, I can think of anything more foolish and suicidally negligent.
Cheers & God Bless
22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 N.E. 3"

22hornet

It goes to show that you can't take medication for stupidity!!!:eek:
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

kombi1976

I like that he's been shooting since he was 10.
Who in blazes taught him that was a smart way to carry a gun?!
Cheers & God Bless
22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 N.E. 3"

babbyc1000

i do a **** of alot of stupid things but even im not that bad...
Dont worry, I have a cunning plan...

subsonic

I think there is a market for these same "smartcarry" holsters......

made of level III kevlar. :biggthumpup:

kombi1976

Down the front of your pants is NOT the smart place to carry a gun.
Down the front of your pants LOADED AND ###### is, well, just a matter of time.
Can someone tell me why anyone would need to carry a firearm ###### and loaded at all times.
Even cops and service personnel wouldn't wander around all the time with only the safety stopping their gun from discharging.
Is there anyone here who believes the safety is a good way of keeping oneself safe and would happily wander about with their gun ###### so long as it was on?
Cheers & God Bless

Alboy

Mostly why I prefer a DA revolver for carry. As Daryl said "WHEN IT ABSOLUTELY HAS TO GO BANG"
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

babbyc1000

only time id put a loaded gun down the front of my trousers would be if i wanted a *** change op but couldnt afford the medical bills.... lol :)
Dont worry, I have a cunning plan...

bowhunter 51

No.....I would not take safety advice (or any advice) from this guy......
It sounds as tho he wants to put the blame on everthing but himself....
He's dangerous to himself, his family and ....heck...everybody....
(ain't no tell'in what his dog thinks about him....now!).....Poor thing....
His master went from baritone t0 tenor.....in just that fateful moment....
He's probably gun'shy, ..too......"Here boy!.......c'mon boy!".....:undecided: ....BH51...
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

Daryl (deceased)

QuoteCan someone tell me why anyone would need to carry a firearm ###### and loaded at all times.
Even cops and service personnel wouldn't wander around all the time with only the safety stopping their gun from discharging.

The 1911 type semi-autos are designed to be carried "c-ocked and locked".  I'm not aware of any others that are designed to be carried this way.

However, stupid people often think that one semi-auto is the same as the next, and figure it's ok to carry them all this way.  This is not the case.

There's absolutely no advantage I can think of for carrying a DA semi-auto in this fashion.  In fact, the only way I'd carry a 1911 this way is if I had a holster that used the securing strap to block the hammer from falling.  Even then, I'd probably not be comfortable with it.  It's about as easy to draw the hammer back as it is to thumb the safety off, so why bother with it?

The guy may have been shooting since he was 10, but if so he hasn't learned much in that time.

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

buckshot roberts

:eek: down the front of the pants is very dum........to much TV... i bet ya he turned it sideways when firing it.........Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Mauserfan in TX

Am i wrong or did Maxwell Smart, Secret Agent 86 of CONTROL not carry his piece the same way?He had a few n/d's also,and..............missed it by that much.:biggthumpup:
8\'s is Great
Col Charles Askins

Tags: