Range Report

Started by sakorick, June 26, 2008, 11:11:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

I finished the new shooting bench save the seat and had to try it out naturally. I selected my 1943 Waffen-Werke Brünn AG KAR 98 Russian Capture for the christening heretofor unfired.....by me at least! I'll let the pictures tell the happy story! PS., no more excuses!! Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Brithunter

Hmmm were you watching over my shoulder? as I just said I look forward tothe range report and low and behold there it is :eek: .

Ahhhh may I suggest one little addition?

Looking at the  first photo I noticed your A/C unit just the the right rear of your new shooting platform and bench, well it looks ideally place to catch stray brass :undecided:  perhaps a little bit of netting or even a board shield might be good.

Ohhhhhh it's accurate enough but I just don't seem to get on well with those sights :(  must be too used to the British style :Banghead: so no I would not but only for that reason.
Go Get them Floyd!

buckshot roberts

:biggthumpup: Rick you have one nice Ol' 98, yep I would take it deer hunting in a heavy wooded area.........done a good job on ya bench....Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

gitano

Nice shootin', expecially with open sights. I'm intrigued by the group especially because it's with 150s. I've never been able to get anything under 175 to shoot well (better than ~2") from any of my military 8x57s.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Quote from: gitano;80215Nice shootin', expecially with open sights. I'm intrigued by the group especially because it's with 150s. I've never been able to get anything under 175 to shoot well (better than ~2") from any of my military 8x57s.

Paul

My experience with them is that they either love them or hate them.....I have no clue as to why. One thing for sure is that they all seem to like the flat base Sierras. The bore in the dou is dark and about 1/2 worn out.....go figure! The Yugo K98 shot 4 inch groups with the same identical load and has a much nicer bore. Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

recoil junky

Uh, yeah!! Looks like venison in the freezer to me.

And I thought I was thony one who shot from the deck. I just use the picnic table though. Looks like the bench is a pretty permanent fixture. I don't think I could get awa with that. Unless I could pass it off asnother picnic table.

Cool pictures and nice group by the by Rick

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Tags: