The Noble Sport of Rat Shooting

Started by Doc Hollowpoint, May 13, 2008, 11:49:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc Hollowpoint

You can have your coyotes, your bobcats and prairie dogs. Not that I have anything that category of varmint busting, mind you.
But gentlemen and ladies, let me introduce (or re-introduce) y’all to the brotherhood of rat shooters, which has managed to survive and in some areas even flourish, despite the destruction of so many of our game fields :( when sanitary landfills began to replace those huge, wonderful open dumps that were teeming with the nasty little varmints.
Someday, maybe someday, Outdoor Life will decide to grace its cover with a picture similar to the ones contained in some of the following 4 separate web sites dedicated to, or containing pages dedicated to, this old and honourable sport.
Enjoy:
http://www.ratshootingsport.com
www.ratkill.com
www.rat-hunter.com
www.vskillsgarage.com

bowhunter 51

Hmmmmm:undecided: ..........Trying to remember the last time I even seen a sewer
rat......mid-70's, maybe...took one out with 22lr...indoors....rented house...
didn't even stay the week...Air-rifle sport...I figure...or....something in a
.405 winchester would probably work....

Welcome to THL, Doc............................................................................BH51....
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

Brithunter

Hi All,

It's amazing when you think how common the Rat is how rarely folks see or notice them. We see them fairly regularly and I try to pop them off when I do, our bird feeder is a magnet in the winter, neighbours have fowl and Horses so it attracts Rats. Now there is at least 300 yards between us and the nearest neighbour but we still get their rats visiting. Being on the fens with lots of ditches, dykes and drains means rats.

Oh we don't have sewers here too far out of town for that it's all septic tanks out here.
Go Get them Floyd!

Doc Hollowpoint

Oh Why oh Why doesn't the mainstream outdoor press take us more seriously?
:no:
This wonderful sport is taken very seriously in Britain's airgun press:jumpingsmiley:

Clueless

LOL manys the days I have sat on the top of the Chicken coop with my 22 bolt action rifle and killed rats as they came out of the corn room. :smiley:

I was living in a cottage after I graduated college.  There was a shed keeping I had no idea what inside.

One day I was sitting out on the back porch and noticed movement out the corner of my eye.  Looked closely and saw rats running in and out the bottom of the shed.

From then on I had field days shooting rats as they came out from under the shed.  Kept my aim perfect!!!:smiley:
A mind always employed is always happy. This is the true secret, the grand recipe, for felicity.
Thomas Jefferson

Tags: