Looking Forward To A Staff Conference

Started by Jay Edward (deceased), April 09, 2008, 07:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Edward (deceased)

I've always had my suspicions.

Alboy

It is not just a joke. I once worked for a fencing company that was persuaded that one beer at lunch could not hurt.

Of course the owner was thinking 12 oz and the yoyo's started buying quarts or the biggest single container they could. Thus the deal got cut off.

I was a drinker myself then but beer, even one, was stupid in my book while working in 100-110 degree sun, no trees (highway headlight barrier fence) a fella needs hidration not alcohol.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Clueless

Happened where I worked too.  Gang started going to a local hamburger, beer joint for lunch everyday.

Each day more beer was consumed.  Each day they came back to work "in their cups" till the boom hit the fan.!!!

Lot of folks got proabation and some were fired.

Yer right Alboy don't need alcohol when working outside in heat..:hanged:
A mind always employed is always happy. This is the true secret, the grand recipe, for felicity.
Thomas Jefferson

gitano

Where can I get one of those goblets? :)

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Clueless

Don't know about Those particular gobblets but there is a restaurant/bar here and  they have a  1/2gallon club.

The mugs are half gallon mugs and can be bought if your interested:smiley:
A mind always employed is always happy. This is the true secret, the grand recipe, for felicity.
Thomas Jefferson

gitano

My comment was about 99% toungue-in-cheek.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Clueless

I've been trying to find a picture of the mugs.  The restaurant and bar is really a historic Pub.  Established in 1868.

The mugs are unique as they depict the history of our area and they are not the typical mug.

If you drink 8 1/2 gallons you get a free mug. :smiley:
And it doesn't have to be in one sitting.
Your individual mug is hung on the wall...:smiley:  Until you come in for another. :smiley:

They are numbered and you are numbered to match your mug.

And they have great food and fantastic atmosphere.

Course who cares about food and atmosphere after drinking 6 mugs of beer..:eek:

And they brew their own too!!

You can get a "trough" like in "hog" with 8 beer samples sitting in the "trough" :smiley:
Thomas Jefferson

12 gauge

Quote from: Alboy;77059It is not just a joke. I once worked for a fencing company that was persuaded that one beer at lunch could not hurt.

Of course the owner was thinking 12 oz and the yoyo's started buying quarts or the biggest single container they could. Thus the deal got cut off.

I was a drinker myself then but beer, even one, was stupid in my book while working in 100-110 degree sun, no trees (highway headlight barrier fence) a fella needs hidration not alcohol.

Indeed, my sister and brother in law work for a pharmaceutical processing company (known as PRA) in Charlottesville, and in their lunch break they are allowed one beer, and they do just like you said alboy, buy the biggest bottle they can find.

Sounds like a job for me when I get older lol! :biggthumpup:
"I only hunt and fish on days that end in \'Y\'"- 12 gauge

Tags: