What's on my mind for supper tonight!!

Started by Clueless, April 02, 2008, 12:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clueless

It's just on my mind and I'm getting hungry thinkin about it.
So I'm keepin' my fingers crossed this is it!:

We had pot roast and all the trimmings last night so I'm thinkin' left overs tonight!!

Hot roast beef samages, mashed taters, grilled onions and peppers, beef gravy, green beans and slaw.

Two slices of bread layered with roast beef slices, topped off with grilled onions and peppers and gravy.

Sweet iced tea

Add on the hot stuff.

Oh wow, 2 more hours to go!!:eek:
A mind always employed is always happy. This is the true secret, the grand recipe, for felicity.
Thomas Jefferson

mtnpenny

Some of the best crockpot chili and beans over cornbread.
mtn_penny
Save a life.
Become an organ donor today.

clicky > http://dragcave.net/user/mtnpenny < click

Clueless

I got my wish, hope you got yours MT. :D
A mind always employed is always happy. This is the true secret, the grand recipe, for felicity.
Thomas Jefferson

Daryl (deceased)

She did, but she had to make the cornbread.

I just greased and floured the pan for her.

We'll be eating as soon as the cornbread comes out of the oven.

;)

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Clueless

Thomas Jefferson

Daryl (deceased)

Clue,

Actually, I figure I might have been.

I made the chili and beans.  I'm a pretty decent cook, when it comes right down to it.

;)

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Clueless

I got ya Daryl.

If I'm working at home, especially on Fridays, I do the cookin'.  

We tend to eat in shifts on Friday.  And do a lot of "grazing" :smiley:
Thomas Jefferson

Sandhills Guru

Took some catfish filets out of the freezer for supper tonight.   We will roll them in a cajun type coating, fry them up.   If I get my way we will have fried tators and onions to go with them or wild rice would be nice also.

Clueless

I do like em catfish!!

Last weekend we had a all yu can eat catfish dinner at the Church.  Boy did I do a lot of "grazing"...LOL!!!:smiley:

catfish, taters, cole slaw, beans, hush yer mouth puppies and plenty of relish and onions.
Thomas Jefferson

queen of the woods

Quote from: Sandhills Guru;76747Took some catfish filets out of the freezer for supper tonight. We will roll them in a cajun type coating, fry them up. If I get my way we will have fried tators and onions to go with them or wild rice would be nice also.

We had fried white perch with fried onions and hushpuppies last night.  And of course lots of Louisiana Hot Sauce to go with it.
I\'d rather hunt with Dick Chaney than ride with Ted Kennedy

Clueless

Oh my how I love that Louisiana catfish and hot stuff!!!:smiley:
Thomas Jefferson

Paul Hoskins

I like the thoughts of chilli with cornbread. I'll have to settle for leftover vegetable, beef stew. I do almost all the cooking around here. ...........Paul H

davidlt89

QuoteI do like em catfish!!

I believe we actually have catfish up here, we call them "hornpout". I don't think they are the same as what you guys are talking about, a big one would be 12". never have eaten one, always through them back!!!

QuoteWe had fried white perch

Delicious!!!!! we can catch them by the droves and fill five gallon buckets up when you get into a school of them. I also have eaten yellow perch even though it is considered a trash fish by many.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Clueless

Do your cat fish have long whiskers and meow like a cat David? :smiley:

We have some very big cat fish in our rivers and lakes but the best eaters are the small channel cats or blue cats.  And they all have long whiskers and sometimes they Meow!!

Thus the name "cat fish"..LOL!!

And they have markings like a cat. Stripes going around their bodies even after you skin 'em.
Thomas Jefferson

davidlt89

QuoteDo your cat fish have long whiskers and meow like a cat David?

they do have the long whiskers, and they sting!!! never heard a meow. you can catch these by the hundreds at night by building a fire and letting your line sit on the bottom. God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Tags: