Sunday brunch

Started by LvrLover, March 30, 2008, 09:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LvrLover

I can't find my camera in this mess I call a house so I'll try to describe what I usually cook for the family on Sunday morning. My son calls them Mexican eggs, but I think they are good no matter what you call them. First you chop up some garlic, jalapeƱos, and  onions. Add some nopalitos (cactus) if you got em. Put it in a hot pan (cast iron is best) with a little oil and brown them good. While thats co cooking take your griddle and heat up a pile of corn tortillas. You want them slightly toasted but not hard. They need to be flexible to eat your eggs with. Take your eggs and beat them with a little cream, chopped cilantro, and salt & pepper. Pour them over the browned ingredients in the pan and cook till the eggs are just gettin brown and crispy. You can add some chorizo or other sausage if you want, too. Serve with the warmed tortillas and fresh salsa, or anything else you got. If the tortillas are done right you use them to eat with - no silverware needed. I think thats why the kids like it so much, they get to eat with their hands. :food04:Today my son(9) asked me what makes them taste so good. I told him it was the secret ingredient -  a father's love. Reminded me that no matter how "hot" it gets or how "scrambled" up life gets,  the secret ingredient of our Father's love makes it all work out for good in the end.
                             God bless you all.
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils." General John Stark

Clueless

Sounds great to me.

Reminds me I used to think my Grandma made the best scrambled eggs in the world.  And she did...until I found out she was scrambling, cut in small pieces, Hog brains, with the eggs...:smiley:

From then on out by eggs were fried. LOL!!
A mind always employed is always happy. This is the true secret, the grand recipe, for felicity.
Thomas Jefferson

Tags: