What's your favourite beer?

Started by kombi1976, March 02, 2008, 06:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kombi1976

Since I wasn't allowed to hijack my own birthday thread (the nerve of them!!) I'll start this one on beer.
Tell us about your favourite brew and any of interest you may've consumed over the years.
I'm not sure which I'd pick as my all time favourite but it'd be between these 3.
Little Creatures is a sort boutique pilsner made in Fremantle, Western Australia, although one of the major supermarket liquor chains stocks it.
It's almost sweet and you can drink it very easily!
James Squire makes a Porter which is exceptionally nice too.
In fact any of their beers, particularly the India Pale Ale - gee, I'd actually be really hurting to have to choose between it and the Porter.
And last of all Goulburn Breweries here in my home town makes a few of it's own beers and their stout is very easy to drink.
It's very malty and a lot like British real ale, a quality a value highly.
Don't get me wrong, though.
Most of the time I drink whatever looks ok and often just grab a 750ml bottle of Reschs DA, one of the oldest beers made in Australia, when the cupboard is bare and I'm a little short of cash for fancy stuff.
And we're spoilt for choice here in Australia as far as beer goes.
I like most overseas beers and Guiness is nice but Aussies just make good beer.
Cheers & God Bless
22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 N.E. 3"

Clueless

Guinness is my favorite.  Now they have it in draft bottles and it's much better than the original bottles with a CO2 capsule.   Use to be only the draft was a proper beer.

Heineken is next.

I used to favor Molson Ice or Molson Gold.

I go for Samuel Adams from time to time.  Depends on my mood.

One of the most flavorful beers I've found and I don't have occasion to drink it very often, since it's not good bottled and can't buy but one place is...Cherokee Red brewed in Gatlinburg, Tn. I can buy it by the gallon when  I'm visiting the area straight from the brewery out of the tap. :smiley:

I'm not a big beer drinker I prefer a mixed drink with Jack Daniels or Patron. :eek:
A mind always employed is always happy. This is the true secret, the grand recipe, for felicity.
Thomas Jefferson

Vermonster

Any beer from the Stone Brewery, especially the Arrogant BA$TARD or the Stone IPA.......

Alboy

Well things change as life goes by. Favorite beer in my time.
When I was
15-20 Lone Star (Local Texas Beer), hot from behind the seat of the pick up. :confused:
21-30 Michelob, with Heinekin and Polly-girl mixed in:)
30-50 It was Milwauke (cheap):smiley:
Now I can't drink it any more due to medicine.:undecided:

My all time favorite at this point in my life would be the ones cooled in a stream and shared with friends around a campfire at night while I sip my coffee and we smoke a cigar.:biggthumpup:
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

kombi1976

Your my kind of man, Alboy.
I like a stogie myself now and again.
It's just a pity that tobacco is so bad in general otherwise I'd have a pipe in my mouth the entire time.
Cheers & God Bless
22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 N.E. 3"

Clueless

My tastes have changed though the years too.

When I was in my

College Days...BUD

then I upgraded to Blue Ribbon?

I'm not much for Cigars but I do love the aroma of a pipe!!:smiley:

And I have always sorta liked Red Beer...a mix of homemade tomato juice and beer when camping.  TASTY!!! :biggthumpup:
A mind always employed is always happy. This is the true secret, the grand recipe, for felicity.
Thomas Jefferson

Jay Edward (deceased)

Well... as summer is on its way...

Rustico Introduces Beer Popsicles  Just in Time For Summer
 Alexandria,  Va. (June 19, 2007) –Rustico's Executive Chef Frank Morales and Beer Director  Greg Engert have teamed up to create the ultimate food and beer pairing for  summer: beer popsicles. Priced at $4 for the traditional Popsicle form, and $6  for the larger beer "cones," Rustico's beer pops will be available through  September.

"When it comes  to food, I'm often inspired to create adult takes on kid's classics," said  Morales. "With Greg's help, we've developed a very grown-up dessert that is a  perfect extension of Rustico's culinary direction – finding new ways to present  simple foods that are sometimes paired with beer, often prepared with beer, and  always conceived with beer in mind."

Rustico will  offer its beer pops in three flavors all summer long: "Raspbeer-y" made with the  St. Louis Framboise, a Belgian, fruit-style beer; "Plum," made with Chapeau  Mirabelle, a sweet, effervescent and yeasty Belgian Lambic; and the  "Fudgesicle," made with Bell's Kalamazoo Stout, a dark, viscous beer from  Michigan with creamy, bittersweet chocolate notes.

Other seasonal  flavors will be offered on a rotating basis, including "Banana," made with  Chapeau Banana Lambic that offers an authentic aroma and classic, golden color,  and apple, made with Unibroue Éphémère from Quebec that offers a subtle flavor  of green apple, complemented by delicate notes of fruit and  spice.

Rustico is located across the street from Buzz  at 827 Slaters Lane in the Potomac Plaza in Alexandria, VA. For more  information, please visit the website at www.rusticorestaurant.com or call  703-224-5051.

Sandhills Guru

Whatever is in the cooler or fridge!  

I got to agree, one's shared around a campfire or the fireplace at the hunting lodge always hits the spot.

Clueless

OH WOW!!! Do they ship!!!

YUMMY!!!!:biggthumpup:
Thomas Jefferson

knuckledragger

When I was a kid, my Dad's Schlitz.
College, either Rainer or Hamm's.
Phillipines, San Miquel (tasted lousy, but for 12 Peso's, who cared).
Now, mostly Scotch, but when I drink beer, Yuengling, Fosters or my buddy's homebrew (gonna hate when he goes to Iraq this summer).

KD
Not everyone gets a trophy.

Clueless

I called Rustico to order out:smiley:  Now I have to run and "pick up"

I'm wondering if there's a place like Rustico in Texas?

Anyone know?

I forgot Fosters!! I do Fosters too, depending on my mood.

I'm in a Patron mood tonight. LOL!! Straight Patron!!:eek:
Thomas Jefferson

LvrLover

The older I get the darker ones seem to please my palate. I like a mexican cervesa called "Negra Modelo", a nut brown ale from New Glarus called "Fat Squirrel", Leinie's "Creamy Dark", and also "St Paulie Girl Dark". I share the sentiments expressed here about good friends and cold beer. I do prefer beer in a bottle over a can, and as cold as I can get it without freezing. Being from Wisconsin, iced long necks of PBR or MGD while I am relaxing on the lake with friends and family is hard to beat. I have only one rule. NO BUD LIGHT! ;)But thats just me.
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils." General John Stark

22hornet

For me in the imports its got to be Tiger Beer. Don't mind Guiness especially on a cold winters night (and we have a few of them coming up!!)
Domestic beers: James Squires makes a few great drops, love the India Pale. For something quick and easy to drink I go for Pure Blonde.
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

kombi1976

Really?
I tried Pure Blonde and found it pretty weak and nasty.
Mind you that was off the tap at the local RSL club and maybe it was just a bad lot.
Though I'm guessing you drink it out of stubbies (Aussie name for bottles).
Haven't tried Tiger but I've seen it in WoolWorths Liquor so I'll have to grab a 6-pack and check it out.
Have you tried the cheap Hollandia stuff they have?
What about Sol?
Cheers & God Bless

22hornet

Sol, the easy refreshing beer to have at end of a hot summers day. Pour it into a schooner glass with a wedge of lemon. Thats the way to go!
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

Tags: