Check Out This Elk

Started by Jay Edward (deceased), January 20, 2008, 04:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Edward (deceased)

It really is an Elk.  How come?

Hunterbug

It looks like a moose to me.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Daryl (deceased)

Yep.  Looks a lot like a moose!

Might want to check your eyeglasses for smudges, Jay.

:D

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Hunterbug

But, in Scandanavia they call their moose elk. So it may be a moose but called an elk.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Jay Edward (deceased)

Very good 'bug...it is a picture from a Scandanavian website.

Brithunter

European Elk at that. What Americans call Elk are a sub species of Red Deer and yes they can interbreed true Red Deer and Wapiti that is. Not sure if European Elk and Red Deer can though.

Funny thing is that the prehistoric Giant Elk found in the peat bogs of parts of England and Ireland is not an Elk at all they have now dicovered but a relative of the Fallow Deer .
Go Get them Floyd!

Paul Hoskins

It's ugly regardless of what it is.  Thanks for sharing Jay. ..........Paul H

subsonic

AZ Shooter Gal

what we call moose is properly called an elk. what we call elk are properly wapiti

Paul Hoskins

AZ Shooter Gal, where ye be from?..........Paul H

AZ Shooter Gal

Paul, as the handle says, AZ. Phoenix to be more precise. and hello:smiley:

Alboy

AZ Shooter Gal

Since it is the first time i haved spied you on the forum.........................

Welcome to the camp
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Paul Hoskins

AZ Shooter Gal, I suspected you were in Az. from the handle. Welcome to the forum young lady.   ...........Paul H

AZ Shooter Gal

Alboy and Paul, thank you. yes I am new to the camp. "young lady" ;)  ah well, youth is relative. it is not the years it is the mileage

Tags: