58 cal double rifle

Started by roadkill636, January 05, 2008, 06:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadkill636

why does my Kodiak 580 double shoot cheap round balls much more acurately than maxies,minnies or sabots is it the 1 in 48" twist?
If God did"t want us to eat meat,,,,, he would not have invented guns

Alboy

Roadkill

Welcome to the camp.

1:48 is supposed to be mid range so it can fire all types of projectoiles reasonably well. After that you just have to try and see what works best and seems for your rifle you have done that all ready. Those PRB's will be game getters< I would not worry about it but enjoy it.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

bowhunter 51

58 caliber double rifle?...That sound cool...What is that, like a double
barrel side-by-side or over-n-under?...I'd like to of seen one of them...
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

gitano

Quote from: roadkill636;71282why does my Kodiak 580 double shoot cheap round balls much more acurately than maxies,minnies or sabots is it the 1 in 48" twist?

Because. :)

Love to have one of those. Please tell us more - with pictures. :)

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

roadkill636

it is a side by side vry deep blue barrels , side chrome hammers ,english stock ,express style brass front sight ,,,,2 rear flip downsghts , I didnt care 4the wooden ramrod so I made one of solid brass ,,,,it looks much beter I would post pictures if I knew how

gitano

You can post pictures in two ways. In the first one, THL is the "host", and in the second, there is a third-party host.

In the first case, it's easiest if the picture is in "jpg" format. That means that the file name has "jpg" as the extension beyond the "."

For example:
newpicture.jpg is "jpg" (pronounced "jay peg") format, and
newpicture.bmp is "bmp" (pronounced "bit map") format.

In jpg format, the maximum size THL will host is about 97kB. You'll have to make sure the size of the picture you intend to post is smaller than that. If it is, use the " Go advanced" tab below the "Quick Reply" box. This will take you to the "Advanced" editing screen. There, you will find a tab called "Manage Attachments". Within that section, you will find six places to load images. Each has a "Browse" tab to its right. Click on the "Browse" tab; locate on your computer the image you want to post; and "Open" it. THL will upload it. Close out of the "Manage Attachments" area, and "Post" your post.

The second method - using a third-party host - means that you load the image into a web-based image hosting site. From that site, you get a "URL" (universal resource locator) that "points" to the website that has your picture. Pasting that URL into your THL post, posts the image to THL. Lots of folks here use the third-party image host "Photobucket" http://s122.photobucket.com . If you go to that site, it will instruct you on how to use it.

You can practice loading pictures to THL at the "Test Forum" site located at the bottom of the "General Interest Forums" section of THL.

Good luck.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

roadkill636

wooooooo woooooooo back up way morethan that, I dont een know howto gt the pictures from the camera to the computer.......sorry,:Banghead:

bigsbetter

Maybe if you've got a wife or a girl friend, they can help you. Or if you still can't seem to get the pics from the camera onto the computer, check and make sure it doesn't say '35mm' on the back of the camera. You're gonna need to make sure it's at least a digital camera first bub:greentongue: . Ohh yea, and as far as the rifle shoot'n the round balls better, My guess is that 1 in 48 twist is not enough for sabbots? and they're tumbling. Just like you need a faster twist to shoot heavier/longer bullets in a modern high power rifle.
Work Hard then PLAY HARD!! and RUN what you BRUNG!!

Jay Edward (deceased)

Down to Kinko's or somewhere like that (sometimes the local photo shop will have automatic equipment to do it) and have the pictures put on disc.  Put it in you computer and go from there.

If you know someone with a computer that can scan the pictures you could buy a little flash drive (about the size of cigarette lighter and cheaper I think) and move them to your computer that way.

roadkill636

gitano

Very cool!  You should give it to me... ;)

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

roadkill636

roadkill636

Alboy

:hat: He lives closer to me Paul, I will go take care of it.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Marvin Donnell

I am thankful to find that so many others are enjoying b/p muzzleloading flinters! I have been shooting them for a long time and I try to show every young hunter I meet that the blackpowder tradition needs to continue. Thanks for having me on board. "Mountain Raider"

Tags: