Sunday Mornin' Grub!!!!!

Started by LLANOJOHN (deceased), December 12, 2004, 03:50:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LLANOJOHN (deceased)

Friends & Neighbors!

A good mornin' to ya'll....!  Jay & Draggy...now dog-gone-it, you two done went and let the fire go out!!!!!

Well, I got it started again .. oak chips & mesquite sawdust did the trick!  Coffee pot is on and just started a'bilin....Pork sausage & scrambled eggs with SALSA ROJO wrapped in a tortilla, hot grits & butter, frying pan biscuits w/honey and peach slices.  Get after it...now!

There t'aint nothin' like the aroma of coffee mixed with the delightful smoke from a mesquite log to get the appetite a movin'.

Ol' John got lucky yesterday.  A good customer/friend brought me some venison steaks..we went down to the shop to fix his messed up scope mounts, got her done so he could go hunting in the afternoon......about 8pm he shows up at the back door with half a young sow(about a 100# on the hoof), cleaned, wrapped and ready for the freezer.  Looks like I am going to eat good for the next coupla weeks.  Gots to drive to the grocery later this morning to get supplies, especially dem GRITS.......y'all done ate up the last of my supply.  Perfectly OK...need some stick to the ribs food for these cold mornings!  About 42* here this AM..............brrrrrrrrr!

You folks enjoy this sun-shine Sunday mornin' now, ya hear!:D

Ol' John
Life Member-NRA-TSRA
Riflesmith-Bolt & Lever Centerfires Only
Left-Hand Creek Rifles
Mark Twain was right-"There is no such thing as too much good whiskey!"
My best advice.."Best to stay outta trees and offa windmills!"

Daryl (deceased)

Thanks Ol' John!  Got any jalapenos I can slice into that grub? ;)

Mmmm, MMMMmmmm...that's good!

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

rockinbbar

Thanks for the breakfast & stoking the fire, John.
Man it is a nice day here today! About  70 degrees & sunny, no wind....
Already been enjoying it....cleaning stalls, doctoring horses, work ing with my filly, sweeping the office out.....LOL. Dee, If I didn't know better, I'd think that was work....:)

BUT, that is why I chose the life I have. If I were cooped up in a subdivision in a small back yard, I'd go stir crazy!
;)
Rockinbbar
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

12 gauge

Morning everyone!

thanks for the grub Hondo!

Today is beautiful, no rain, sun shine and a little cloudy and the temp is 45. Not bad at all!

Unlike Friday and yesterday, rain, rain, rain and more rain!

I had to work in it! Talk about muddy! :eek:

Everyone have a great day and god bless :D
"I only hunt and fish on days that end in \'Y\'"- 12 gauge

Jay Edward (deceased)

My apologies John...I've been really tied up with certain projects.  Thanks for brewing up the good stuff...I believe that's all I need this morning.  I took my love out to breakfast and then went out to visit with the older fellas that were running the annual trap/turkey shoot.  Just got back.  

It's sunny and bright here in the Valley of the Clarks Fork (but the trap range is till in shadow and you have to really want to shoot to be out there.  I reckon I'll wait for another time.

LLANOJOHN (deceased)

Jay,

Just a "funnin" you thar, brother Jay!  Next trip to the campfire, shore would appreciate you hauling in some dry "pine knots"....better than gasoline and "good smells" rather than the gasoline odor!

Thanks in advance, pardner!

Ol' John
Life Member-NRA-TSRA
Riflesmith-Bolt & Lever Centerfires Only
Left-Hand Creek Rifles
Mark Twain was right-"There is no such thing as too much good whiskey!"
My best advice.."Best to stay outta trees and offa windmills!"

Antler3

Sorry i missed that good breakfast yesterday....We took a country drive over the hills and through the woods....sure was pretty day. Got the bulk of Christmas taken care of. Now can concentrate on the three day muzzleloader hunt coming up this weekend. Maybe that big ol' whitetail will wonder pass me LOL.  I know what your talking bout Rockin' I would be like a caged animal pacing back and forth. I have always lived in the country and just can't imagine being anywhere else.
ANTLER 3

Tags: