Dreary, boring bck yard this morning

Started by Paul Hoskins, December 12, 2007, 10:42:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hoskins

Didn't get out of bed till after six this morning but I didn't miss anything. Fed the birds and varmints that hang around the back yard as it was getting daylight. Drizzling rain and dreary looking morning. The birds and varmints apparently felt the same way about it. Tried to get pictures of some of them but they didn't want to even try to cooperate with me. The old coon in the walnut tree out back turned his butt to me when I tried to get his picture. Most of the birds were uncooperative as well. ...........The young redtail bum looked down his beak at me with disdain. Looks like he was having a bad hair day anyway. .........The female redbelly woodpecker turned her butt to me as well. Her boyfriend got run over by a car a couple weeks ago in front of the house so I can understand her actions. I miss him too. ...............The rambunctious white breasted nuthatch was in a particularly bad mood today and got his butt kicked by a titmouse for threatening him. That usually doesn't happen with him. .............Only one of the nine juvenile grey squirrels showed up. On a good note, three of the juvenile fox squirrels made an appearance. They are siblings and look fat and healthy. For the most part they get along together fairly well. ...........As I sit here the juvenile redtail is sitting in the big maple tree by the house waiting for me to shoot him a sparrow or starling with the pellet rifle. The sucker can hear the pellet rifle fire over a quarter mile. He usually comes running (flying) to see if he is lucky. The big dummy doesn't realize the birds don't particularly like him. Unlike the Cooper hawk, he isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer anyway. ..........The camera, while a good one, doesn't take good pictures on days like this. I'm sure it isn't operator error. he he.........Enjoy the pic's and I hope it's a much better day where you are but I know there is lots of you out there that are having much worse weather..............Paul H

drinksgin (deceased)

Watching the sorry, fluffy, cowardly gray squirrels here lately, especially as they try to intimidate the black bellied swans, I am reminded of a bit of doggerel I composed last winter while sitting watching some squirrels during a 3 day spell of 30's for the lows, 40's for the highs and constant drizzle.
Soggy squirrel up in a tree
Don't you wish you were here with me
Toasting your fleas in front of the fire
Munching on pecans to your heart's desire
Then folding your tail over your nose
And having a nice winter's doze
Never said I was a poet!
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

gitano

Hope you guys don't get tired of posting this stuff. I sure enjoy it.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

bowhunter 51

Same kinda' day here, too, Paul....I'm surprized you could even get
good images in such poor light...the three fox squirrels in the same
slim frame is the best....

Drinksgin....The nifty poem, .....Soggy Squirrel....by drinksgin........
Absolutely Excellent!.....

I'm with you Gitano...I love this stuff....Merry Christmas........BH51..
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

Tags: