When the Sun Sets

Started by motor (deceased), December 10, 2007, 02:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motor (deceased)

9 Cast me not off in the time of old age; forsake me not when my strength faileth.
10 For mine enemies speak against me; and they that lay wait for my soul take counsel together,
11 Saying, God hath forsaken him: persecute and take him; for there is none to deliver him.
12 O God, be not far from me: O my God, make haste for my help.
13 Let them be confounded and consumed that are adversaries to my soul; let them be covered with reproach and dishonour that seek my hurt.
14 But I will hope continually, and will yet praise thee more and more.
15 My mouth shall shew forth thy righteousness and thy salvation all the day; for I know not the numbers thereof.
16 I will go in the strength of the Lord GOD: I will make mention of thy righteousness, even of thine only.
17 O God, thou hast taught me from my youth: and hitherto have I declared thy wondrous works.
18 Now also when I am old and greyheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have shewed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to every one that is to come. Psalm 71:9-18 KJV..
As most of you know i will be 79 next Apr.30 and as i look back to my young days, it was wonderul to be young, with good eyesight, good hearing, and a quick step.. but ya know old age has blessings that youth don't know..a nd what a blessing it would be if it ends brightly at evening time..i have said this beforebut it is how i feel about leaving this old world..have you noticed that in the evening time just before sundown, the sky will brighten up for a short time and then night fall..Zechariah says,"At evening time it shall happen that it will be light." it is like the sun is saying take a good look and remember how bright i shine and i will be shining tomorrow as well..when i reach the sundown in my life that's what i want to happen..i want people to remember that maybe i was a bright spot in someone's life and they will have a warm afterglow in their heart if they think of me..I believe youth does the sowing and old age enjots the harvest.. but you know it's what we saw whether we enjoy the harvest or not..i have noticed in my garden if i do not sow the right seed and take care of it, it will dry up and wither and yes even turn sour..the harvest of old age is like that, it will either dry up and wither or like my navel oranges, it will grow sweeter as it ripens..We can't escape getting old.. youth stays around long enough to strengthen us for the burdens and the storms of life that are to come..and dear friends, the storms will come.. but ya know the best things are the oldest things, those that have endured the test of time
so don't be ashamed to admit you are getting old..remember everything that God made must become old, mountains, stars, rivers, oceans and man..But dearly beloved, the evening time of life can be bright only if we have the Son as our evening light..nothing is sadder that an old man facing eternity without Jesus..and nothing is sweeter than an ole codger like me still growing and resting in Christ..that's why at 77 i can face God's tomorrow with confidence..
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beyond The Sunset
Have a great day tomorrow and tell someone about Jesus..
                       Beyond The Sunset
Should you go first and I remain to walk the road alone
I'll live in memory's garden dear with happy days we've known
In spring I'll wait for roses red when fade with lilac's blue
And in early fall when the brown leaves fall I'll catch a glimpse of you
Should you go first and I remain for battles to be fought
Each thing you touched along the way will be a calloused spot
I hear you boys I see your smile though blindly I may grow
The mem'ry of your helping hand will boil me on the thought
Beyond the sunset oh blisful morning when with our Saviour heaven is begun
Earth stroll is ending oh glory dawning beyond the sunset when day is done
Should you go first and I remain to finish with the scroll
No lenghtenin' shadows shall creep in to make this life seem droll
We've known so much of happiness we've had our cup of joy
And mem'ry is one gift of God that death cannot destroy
I want you to know each step you take that I may walk the same
For someday down that lonely road you'll hear me call your name
Should you go first and I remain one thing I'll have you do
Walk slowly down that long long path for soon I'll follow you
In that fair homeland we'll know no parting beyond the sunset for evermore
Just an ole sinner saved by grace

Alboy

Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

bowhunter 51

Once again, brother Motor...your words are an inspiration.....I often
think of growing old...I feel alittle better about it today..........BH51........
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

tn.varmit

I remember turning 40. It really bothered me. Then I turned 50 and it was a wondrous event. I am now 55 and don`t know how much older I will become. Within the last few months a heart condition that has plagued me sense early adulthood has really manifested it`s self.  Yet, I will live each day Loving my wife and family. Honoring my parents. Serving my God.

davidlt89

Good words Motor and good to see ya my friend. God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Tags: