Winchester 710 Cooey 243Win

Started by Jorge in Oz, December 03, 2007, 03:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jorge in Oz

Hi Guys,

I'm about to put a deposit on a Winchester 710 Cooey in 243 Win. Just wondering whether any of you guys have had any experiences with one. I believe it is CRF but I'm not 100%.

Any thoughts on this Canadian assembled rifle and the various model 70 rifles made by Olin & USRAC. I'm clearing out my cabinet to fund the start of a collection of winchester model 70 rifles in the various calibers.

Cheers

Jorge
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

gitano

Quoteto fund the start of a collection of winchester model 70 rifles in the various calibers

You'll likely need a "fund" to complete such a collection. The Model 70 Winchester was THE rifle to own (thanks to several gunwriters (ptooey) of the '40s, '50s and '60s - O'Connor being the most prominant), for many a young American. Today, a pre-'64 model 70 Winchester, especially in one of the more obscure chamberings, brings a pretty price. THL's own Hunterbug has a modest collection of pre-'64s, and I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't a few more "closet" collectors here at THL.

QuoteAny thoughts

As for me, the only Model 70 I ever owned was a pre-'64 in .270 Win. It was the first rifle I ever owned that I used my own earned money to pay for. It's also the only firearm I've had stolen from me.

As for the Cooey, I have heard a lot about them, but I've never seen one "in the flesh".

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: