Colorado Hunting

Started by MountainMafia, December 01, 2007, 05:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainMafia

The following photos are from our Colorado hunting this fall. It was a tough season for us as the weather was too nice and the elk hadn't came down yet. We had to hunt long and hard, which is ok and I guess the way it should be. But we are spoiled. We did get our winter meat supply. Here is a doe that my son is looking over. We had bough left over doe tags.

My son's buck taken at 200 yards from a bipod rest. Note fresh elk track just to the left of the buck.

Some of our game. The deer hunting was good, but the elk came hard.

I took my cow elk, the one in the middle, the next to last day of the season. I didn't have camera available when I shot it.

I hunted until the last day for this buck, but it gave me a nice smile. An 80 yard shot through the neck.
...that\'s my story, and I am sticking to it

Hunterbug

Looks good. Like you said there were tons of deer but the elk were scarce as hens teeth.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

ShadowRider

Great pics MM.
Tha's alot of good eating hanging there! The horns aren't anything to apologize for either. Great job, especially considering the un co-operative weather.one thing about hunting in pleasant weather, at least for me, it makes being out there cause me to appreciate what God has given us and makes me thankful I am able to see it and know how fortunate I am to have been raised with the desire to seek it out.

Jorge in Oz

Well said Shadowrider the Good Lord has definitely provided for us to enjoy the wonders of His creation.

Well done MM, great pictures and a great haul for the freezer. :2thumbsup:

Cheers

Jorge
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

bowhunter 51

You guys took some nice deer....great pics....wish I was there.....BH51
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

gitano

Great pics MM, and congratulations!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Antler3

Congrats on a good hunt !  Lots of meat for  the freezer this winter !  Sorry the weather did not co-operate with the Elk, but looks like the deer made up for it ! Good pictures thanks for sharing them !
ANTLER 3

davidlt89

Great Job, outstanding. The more I see off Colorado, the more I want to hunt it!!!!!! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Hiker

Colorado had some tough seasons this year, with all of the warm weather and all. It looks like you all did well though.

Very nice photos. That heavy meat pole is a beautiful sight, looks like your freezer will be full this winter.

Antler3

I had some friends go to Colorado this year for elk. They left with 7 tags and came back with 6 elk. I'll try to find out what area they went too. But thier season for elk was a good one.
ANTLER 3

Hiker

Quote from: Antler3;72462I had some friends go to Colorado this year for elk. They left with 7 tags and came back with 6 elk. I'll try to find out what area they went too. But thier season for elk was a good one.

Great job! Congrats to your friends.

MountainMafia

We are spoiled here in Colorado. Even when the hunting isn't as good as it has been in the past years, relatively speaking it is still good. Many hunters did well the first season and in specific units. The units we hunt in are desert areas and rely on the movement of elk out of the higher mountains.

When the Colorado of Division Wildlife publishes the kill statistics for the the 2007 big game seasons, we will find out how good or bad the elk season was.

In the meantime I am pleased that the Almighty saw fit to bless our table with a boundiful supply of game.
...that\'s my story, and I am sticking to it

Antler3

I just talked with a friend of mine whos fiancee went to Colorado this past elk season. The area they hunted was called Pilot Knob she said it's about 50 miles from Gunnison. I have never been out there but would love to go one day. So I have no idea where she is talking about. Maybe you who are familiar with the area would know. She thought it might be in the Southern part. so glad you all had a good hunt regardless Mnt. Mafia, the pictures tell the story.
ANTLER 3

NormS

That makes me really miss my 8 years spent living out west.  We hunted Gore Pass area.  Nice looking deer you guys took.  Excellent hunt by the looks of it.

M. R. Byrd

Colorado application deadline is April 1st. I am getting ready to do my application. Had to miss last year, but hope to have a good camp this year.

Maynard Reece Byrd
Dodge City
Maynard Reece Byrd
Dodge City

Tags: