parker hale 1100 delux

Started by montesa311, November 25, 2007, 01:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

montesa311

hi guys, im a new member to this site, but joined because of brithunter and his what seems to be parker hale knowldge. first off i would like to comfirm that this is an 1100 deluxe. looks like it like an 1100 deluxe, smells like an 1100 deluxe, even talks like an 1100 deluxe, but dosnt say 1100 deluxe. markings are "parker hale ltd birmingham england" and jc penney co inc, new york" also "bnp." The gun is also in 7mm rem mag, with a redfield widefield 2x-7x scope. I would like confermation that this is an 1100 deluxe, and also, where can i find more info on this gun, including U.S. gun value maybe... none of my books have the deluxe listed, only the lightweight model, and the african model. i know the stock was re-finished to a deeper red color, original color was more "yellow-ish"

Brithunter

Hi montesa,

Well it's certainly looks like a Model 1100 Deluxe, I did wonder about the stock colour as it doesn't look quite right for a P-H and P-H did use some reddish walnut. I have an 1100M in .458 Win Mag which has a reddish hue stock.

Sorry cannot help with values as those in the US vary so much from what I would expect here in the UK. I am still learning about Parker-Hales and sometimes indentifying the models is a task. My own 1100 Deluxe was identified by three different dealers as a Safari, a model 1000 and one other which I cannot recall now. It was not until I obtained a 1973 P-H catalogue that I managed to positivly identify it. P-H only marked the name of model on a few types of it's rifles, the Safari being one of them with it engraved on the side wall of the action as was the Hussar which I have never seen but only in a photograph.
Go Get them Floyd!

montesa311

hey thanks for the reply. as for the stock being re-done, i know it was becasue i am the one who did it. when i first go tthe gun the stock was very scratched did look horrible. when i redid it i added a red die to the finish to make it the color  it is.

sakorick

Quote from: montesa311;69151
hey thanks for the reply. as for the stock being re-done, i know it was becasue i am the one who did it. when i first go tthe gun the stock was very scratched did look horrible. when i redid it i added a red die to the finish to make it the color it is.

Hello M331. Oh dear......I would not have done that (the tint). However, each to his own. The Supers had the blond walnut from Italy I've been told and also had skip-line checkering. The bnp means nothing to me as this was not a German factory code. JC Penny is the key to your rifle. They ordered hundreds of them from PH and yours is one. I don't think it's a deluxe.....I think it's a Super that was made for the JC Penny contract.

It really matters not a wit as they are all valued about the same......400- 500 dollars. We have had many diatribes on this injustice. How does the rifle shoot? That's the bottom line. Welcome to the forum and regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Brithunter

Hi Guys,

Well P-H did use some reddish hued wood as this shows:-

This is my 1100M.

Now this is my 1100 Deluxe:-

The 1100 Deluxe is what they call it in the P-H 1973 catalogue. Now for comparison here is a 1200 Super, first in the 1200V configuration:-

Notice that the 1200V also has a more red coloured wood. It seems strange that I have acquired three P-H rifles with thsi reddish hue when P-H is more noted for it's honey coloured wood like this:-

The last one is straight out of the box and still has the hang tag on it. Oh chamberings are:-

.458 Win Mag
.30-06
6mm Remington
8mm Mauser (marked on barrel 7.92mm)
Go Get them Floyd!

GRYPHON

My  PH 308 Norma Mag  ,just re barreled to 358NM  has me wondering what model it is.

I sold the orig wood stock years ago and can barely remember it now  so q`s  on that wont help the cause.

Now I cant send a pic as its still at the gunsmiths but I know it has a side safety,the word "safari" on the barrel which is 24"  and it has an aluminum floor plate and an adjustable trigger,oh and the missing rear sight has left a dovetail cut out on the barrel.

Some tell me its a 1200,1100 or a 1000 model,some one spare me the pain and advise as to what it is please can you?

As in is there an absolute positive ID part on it?

JG

Brithunter

Well as it says Safari on the barrel I will guess it is one of the earlier Safari models photos might help. The only place I have found to really identify the P-H rifles is throught the P-H catalogues or adverts. Even Gun and hunting magazine articles seem to make up model names as they go along. I brought an old Guns Review magazine with a P-H rifle in it and they call it something that never appears in any of the P-H catalogues I have or have seen so far. It's this mis-information that started my search for Parker-Hale catalogues in the first place.
Go Get them Floyd!

GRYPHON

yes thats it,every one has a different idea of this model and that model...getting the definitive answer is bloody tough...thanks for input.

GRYPHON

GRYPHON

Haha  not so sure now,reliably informed its an 1100  but uses the 1200 action as it hasnt the gold trigger etc.

Brithunter

Right the Gold Plated trigger appeared like the name 1200 sometime between 1968 and 1970. I have not got a #69 catalogue so cannot check if it's in that one but the gold trigger and 1200 appear in the #70 catalogue. As far as I can tell, so far :undecided: , none of the Safaris had gold plated triggers.

It will depend on the year it was made really. I also believe detailed photos are going to be the only way to tell what is is.
Go Get them Floyd!

radiorabbi

Hey Guys n gals new here as of yesterday

recently acquired a Parker Hale  in .308 Win  no further info

confirmed it is an 1100 Deluxe  thanks to the info and photos posted here

very much appreciated

i have been a fan of Parker Hale since acquiring a 1200 C in .30-06 in 1976

took 13 head of big game with it in Canada's Northwest Territory

recently got back into Hunting following a break of several decades  and when i saw this PH at a sportsmen's show  i grabbed it for an incredible price

yet to shoot it  but will let you know how that goes

Mike

sakorick

Hello Mike and welcome to the forum. Good folks here! As mentioned above there isn't much difference between a 1000, 1100, 1200 or 1200 Super. They all look about the same I believe they added the skip line checkering and tips in the 1200 series and Super. The only real different rifle is the Super Safari that had fancy scroll work on the action, fancy trigger guard and engine turned barrel. I haven't ever seen one marked "deluxe" but I suppose there must be a model out there. Can you post some pictures of your rifle? Also the crossed sabers mark with numbers and letters can tell us when the gun was made. You may need a glass to read it. Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

Welcome, Mike!

Wow. A new member that actually posts! What a novelty!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: