Lost my hunting spots.....

Started by Vermonster, October 26, 2007, 01:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vermonster

Well, the fires are pretty much over, and so are my hunts..... :(

My "new" deer hunting spot, about 200 acres on private land, is gone.  No word on the owner's houses, but does not look good.....

My back-up spot, is now leveled by another fire.  So much for that one......

My duck hunting spot, city land where you need to reserve dates, has had fire right up to the shores.  IF the boat dock and buildings survived, they will resume hunting in a week or 2.  If not, then that will kill this season.  Doesn't look good there either......

So, the only thing left is my 78 mile (each way) drive to an archery only spot when that season resumes next month.  And, I could do a 1 hour (lottery system) or 2 1/2 hour (public/anyday) drive for ducks.  It could be worse though, i could have lost my house like the 1600-1800 that did..... :(

Lots of prayers needed out here......

Daryl (deceased)

Sorry to hear it, Vermonster.

Prayers headed your way from Arizona for all affected.

It's a sad time, for sure.

In a few years, the hunting will get better in those areas though.  Maybe something to look forward to...

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Alboy

If you make this way consider this a spot, the drive is kind of long though.:antlers:
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

davidlt89

Tell your wife you need to get to Maine ASAP. Doesn't she have relatives in Houlton. Rifle season starts saturday, good time to take a week. My home is open to ya anytime and so are my hunting spots my friend. Hang in there, like Daryl said, it will get better. God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Vermonster

Quote from: davidlt89;68001Tell your wife you need to get to Maine ASAP. Doesn't she have relatives in Houlton. Rifle season starts saturday, good time to take a week. My home is open to ya anytime and so are my hunting spots my friend. Hang in there, like Daryl said, it will get better. God Bless.

That was me that had relatives there.  I was born there.  My wife absolutely HATES it..... She thinks she dropped off the face of the earth.  I love it though.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words.  Maybe I'll make it to Texas or Maine to you up on your offers..... ;)

davidlt89

Too bad your wife feels that way!!!!! It says a lot that you respect how she feels and live in california. Your a good husband. I don't know if I could take Cali. did you go to houlton highschool?
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

motor (deceased)

Sorry to hear that my friend..you and the rest of the families out there are in my daily prayers.. remember the Bible says that, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.we don't always understand it but we must believe it.. God Bless you all
Just an ole sinner saved by grace

Shotgunhemi

Look at the good news, you still have your home and you and your family are safe :) Im sure your hunting places that were burnt will be back with green folaige before you know it. It happened to us down here last year and the greens coming back now, not to mention the deer ;) Things will get better Vermonster. God Bless
Chris

SSAA DEERSTALKERS CLUB

Hunterbug

That sucks but like Shotgunhemi said it'll be green grass before you know it. You're a better man than I am. When my wife and I first got together she said that she'd like to move back to California. I told her to write sometime. ;)
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Vermonster

Quote from: davidlt89;68030Too bad your wife feels that way!!!!! It says a lot that you respect how she feels and live in california. Your a good husband. I don't know if I could take Cali. did you go to houlton highschool?

David,

We moved to Vermont when I was 2 1/2 yrs old.  We would go up twice a year after that, since all our family still lived up there.

Vermonster

Quote from: Hunterbug;68050I told her to write sometime. ;)

Ha!  I'll have to try that one..... ;)

hoggsrus@shaw.ca

sorry to hear about those fires. we have been watching them on the news here in alberta. looks awful. hopefully things are getting better quickly.

Tags: