Thursday Morning & Waitin'

Started by Jay Edward (deceased), October 10, 2007, 10:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Edward (deceased)

Elk and Deer Camp!  You can almost smell the Elk, can't you?  Looks like a fire in the cook shack and it's all come down to:

Pancakes
Eggs
Hash Browns
Bacon
Sausage
Steak

About 40 gallons of coffee and let's get gone fore the likker eats through the jugs!

Hunterbug

A week and a day untill deer season and still lots to do. But I'm getting anxious.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

recoil junky

I get to start Saturday with Hunting Buddies. It'll be a hoot for sure. Of course there will be pictures to post in the elk hunting forum:biggthumpup:

Then next Saturday HB will show up to harvest some does. I've got one tied to the fence for him I've been hauling water and grain to. :greentongue: He'll have to fend for himself this year as I've got Hunting Buddies again that weekend. I'm taking my friend Mike who has lung cancer and his son Zach. It will be a bittersweet weekend because this could very well be our last hunt together. :(

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Hiker

Have fun guys! I'm looking forward to hearing about your hunts.

davidlt89

Sorry to hear about your friend RJ, I hope you guys have a great hunt. I really envy you guys who are able to hunt elk. Out of all the animals my four year old has seen hunted on tv, the elk is his favorite. I have not got the heart to tell him we don't have any in Maine yet. God Bless and be safe.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

bowhunter 51

Don't know what elk smell like but I can smell the coffee & breakfast
from here...That image is exactly what I'd expect an elk camp looks
like...Recoil, I envy you...Hope your hunt is a good'n....I'm looking
forward to hearing about the results of your hunt and don't forget the
pic's of, 'Ole BIG Boy:) ......Thanks for the breakfast, Jay.....BH51..........
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

queen of the woods

I wish I was there.  My dream is go elk hunting in Colorado.
I\'d rather hunt with Dick Chaney than ride with Ted Kennedy

buckshot roberts

:biggthumpup: Thanks Jay.. can drink about 30 gal's myself... nice pic....  i missed out on the Elk draw this year... "again"... but will be scouting for two hunters.... RJ.. I hope you and "bug" have a good hunt... be looking for the pics..ya'll have a good'n... it's off to work... Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Paul Hoskins

Probably the only way I'll ever be able to afford an elk hunt is getting my name pulled out of the hat here in Ky. Jay, that's a really nice setup. Makes me wish I was younger. Good luck to all you hunters and post pics, even if you don't have success.  ..............Paul

Tags: