Go Back   The Hunter's Life > GENERAL INTEREST FORUMS > THE CAMPFIRE

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Adventureous Days at the Ranch....
Old 10-26-2005, 10:47 PM
Super Moderator

LLANOJOHN will become famous soon enoughLLANOJOHN will become famous soon enough
Cowboy Adventureous Days at the Ranch....

I have had mixed thoughts about starting this thread and I am going to need some input from you readers here on the forum.

As many of you know I am quite beside myself with the move from the ol' homestead of 28 years up to my cousin's ranch in SW Llano county. It has become quite an adventure for me in many ways. I will be 63 in about a month and making a major move this late in life could be at worst..disasterous but so far it has been a hoot and a hollar!

I am sure there are a number of folks that have never lived on a ranch and maybe they might find my adventure kind of interesting and hopefully informative. Then again........maybe not!

So let me know by either posting or a PM as to whether this is a good idea or not. The ranch has been in my cousin's family for four generations and he has some interesting stories, history and many pics. I will be posting new pics as they present themselves. Hunting season for deer/turkey begins on November 5...about 9 days from now. Pics of the hunters and game will be posted with stories in the appropiate places such as the Whitetail,Big Game,etc. We have some exotics such as Aoudad Sheep, Axis deer and feral hogs. These are taken occasionally but not on a regular basis.

No offense taken if you think this to be boring or tootin' my personal horn too much..................Let me know.......

Ol' John...
Mark Twain was right-"There is no such thing as too much good whiskey!"
My best advice.."Best to stay outta trees and offa windmills!"