Go Back   The Hunter's Life > GUNS & AMMO > FIREARMS & OPTICS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Ruger american rifle .223
Old 12-23-2014, 10:04 PM
Moderator at Large

davidlt89 has disabled reputation
Default Ruger american rifle .223

the rifle arrived yesterday and I picked it up today. I was going to order just the rifle but the only thing that was available was the package deal. The package included a redfield revolution scope with bases and rings. Total price for this package was 490.00. I looked the scopes up on line and they retail for 199.00. the price was right for this package so I ordered it last thursday!!!!

I would not have even know about these rifles if 22hornet had not mentioned them. you owe me 490.00 my friend, entrapment is illegal in the united states

So, got the rifle and out and gave it a good inspection. the action is nice smooth and i believe the trigger to be under 3lbs!!! I know this is hard to believe with a rifle out of the box, but it is hair trigger, nice and crisp.

you all know I am a synthetic junkie so this stock is right up my alley. Nice and light and fits me like a glove!!!!

The barrel does have some machine marks but you have to look close or either feel them with your hand. for the price, I can definitely handle that!!! I paid 297.00 for my mossberg atr in .243 for the boys and this is much more well built and did not cost much more.

I was not familiar with redfield scopes and never have used one. I know back in the day they were the "bomb". from what I understand they were bought up by leupold and are now back in production. The one on the rifle is a redfield revolution 3x9-40. I took it into my living room in the dark and looked into the backfield. we have cloud cover tonight and it is dark. I could see the field and definitely see if something was out there!!! I would rate that as good as my nikon buckmasters, definitely better than my prostaffs!!!

So far I am impressed!! I received all my components today but will be till spring before I can really see what this rifle will do. More to come!!!

God bless.

2 Donít copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know Godís will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.