Go Back   The Hunter's Life > GUNS & AMMO > RELOADING

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

No more 8mm 125s from Hornady
Old 10-10-2008, 01:29 PM
Administrator

gitano is on a distinguished road
Default No more 8mm 125s from Hornady

For those interested in 125-grain 8mm bullets...

I just got off the phone with Hornady, and was told that they are no longer manufacturing their 125s. The fellow I spoke with expressed some dismay at that, when I asked him to check. He said he owned a few 8mms, liked the 125, and that as far as he had seen, "Sales were good." Nonetheless, "officially", Hornady isn't making any more, AND they have none in stock according to this fellow.

So...

1) Buy what you can (I got mine from Graf's) as they are "gone" from Hornady's inventory, and

2) Write Hornady at https://www.hornady.com/contact_us.php and let them know that there is still a legitimate (commercial) interest in 8mm 125s. Especially you folks in OZ.

In the mean time, I'm working on getting some 8mm sabots manufactured.

Paul

PS - I sent Hornady hte following message...

I spoke with a fellow (Hornady employee at this phone number) today that tells me that 'you' aren't manufacturing 125-grain 8mm (.323) bullets anymore. Your item number 3230. He and I both were disappointed to hear that. I have no idea how sales are going for that product, but he said sales were "good".

I'm sure you'll say quite the contrary, but regardless of your protestations to the contrary, there is considerable interest in those bullets - especially in Australia, (I am told) where they have many 8mm weapons, AND yet not as many of the large-sized critters we have here in North America. As a result, they like to shoot light-for-caliber bullets that have a greater probability of remaining inside a kangaroo, or goat, or feral pig, or...

Please reconsider making these bullets, at least on a once-a-year special run basis.

Thanks,
Paul
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. John 8:32

"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~ C.S. Lewis.

Do not confuse technical skill for wisdom and do not confuse strength for skill. Paul Skvorc

Tags
8mm, anvb, hollow point, hornady, meplat, sierra, speer, swaging