Go Back   The Hunter's Life > GENERAL INTEREST FORUMS > THE CAMPFIRE

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Poaching!!
Old 10-23-2007, 07:19 AM
Moderator at Large

davidlt89 has disabled reputation
Default Poaching!!

I went hunting with a good friend this weekend. We loaded up the truck at 0 dark thirty and went after some grouse for the day. Now some of our hunting consists of riding in the truck down old tote roads so there is some time to fellowship and talk about whatever we want to. Deer season is coming up this weekend so that was one of our topics. My friend has lived in maine all his life but has never shot a buck. I have had him hunt with me the last couple years on some family land in hopes that he may break the ice. I am always looking for more land to hunt, and around his parents house are acres and acres of private land. Has I got to thinking, I asked him if there were deer there, and he replied there was but there is a great amount of poaching going on so it made no sense to go since these poachers clean it out in august. I was kinda disturbed by that. I asked him if he has ever dropped a dime on these two guys and he did not say much. His father is also a police detective and he has not dropped the dime either. These guys are just poaching at thier will and getting away with it. How do you guys feel about this subject? If you knew people who were ruining your hunting and doing it illegally, would you not drop a dime in a heart beat? Or do you feel it is the wardens job to catch them. I am interested to find out some other points of views on this subject. God Bless.

2 Donít copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know Godís will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.