Go Back   The Hunter's Life > GENERAL INTEREST FORUMS > THE CAMPFIRE

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Got my trip all planned!!
Old 11-04-2008, 04:28 AM
Senior Family Member

babbyc1000 is on a distinguished road
Big Grin Got my trip all planned!!

Ive finally got my trip to latvia in january (to meet my girlfriends family) all planned and sorted - got the time booked off work, got the flights booked, found my passport (and made sure its still valid), made sure mum can look after the dogs for me and ive been trying to learn some russian phrases

its also given me a great excuse to stock up on winter gear as her brother wants to take me hunting elk, tho think its what americans call moose. so ive been buying non stop, mostly army surplus. so far ive got a british camo fur hat which came with a white face mask, extreme cold weather jacket and trouser liners - tho the trousers will probably stay at home, theyre designed for a lean, mean soldier, where as i have a couple of extra inches in places.... and my bestest new fangled toy (which i love and am looking an excuse to wear here) is my german winter camo poncho, folds up to fit in a bergen side pouch and means i dont have to worry about wearing green dpms in the snow and sticking out like a, well, an idiot dressed in green camo gear in a field full of white snow

have to say tho im secretly bricking it about the trip, my russian is limited to a few phrases and swear words that katya's brother in law taught me, so its going to be very interesting - shes got a large family with lots of young nieces and nephews and cousins, so im going to the main attraction in the circus, lets hope the 40% proof russian vodka helps me find a way through it....