Go Back   The Hunter's Life > HUNTING FORUMS > BOWHUNTING

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Re: Oh well I brought a bow outfit
Old 09-14-2009, 12:59 PM
Senior Family Member

Brithunter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Oh well I brought a bow outfit

Thank you for your insight that is just what I need. Now I don't know quite how old this bow set up is but I cannot find Vectors on Hoyt's site so I am assuming it's a few years old now.

Now looking at this website and the price of new lighter limbs :-

http://www.merlinarcherycentre.co.uk/acatalog/T-Rex_Carbon_Limbs.html

it mentions the riser height so I just opened the case and meaured it. This alloy one is 25" and I don't know at the moment the length of the assembled Bow as it was not mentioned and I have not measured it however the Hoyt limbs are marked " AMO H25 36lbs" so I am assuming their length is 25" and taking into account the way they fit I am gussing that the assembled Bow is 68" in length. When I have it assembled again I will measure it.

Meanwhile I have weighed one of the Eastern Platinum 2016 Lite ...XX75 arrows and it weighs 466 grains with it's normal target point. Mind you it was a pain to get it balanced on my Lyman scales scoop .

However it does not matter that I will get some lighter limbs as it does not alter the fact that I need to improve my general fitness level especially upper body and shoulders. I am still aching with shooting pains occasionally after weilding the petrol hedge trimmer for a while the other day (Friday) and I still have a few hundred feet of hedge to trim .

I will discuss with you the subject of broadheads at some later date as yes I do wish to experiment with them in the future.

Tags
archery, arrows, compound bow, spine