Go Back   The Hunter's Life > GENERAL INTEREST FORUMS > THE CAMPFIRE

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

I HATE Sheetrock!!!
Old 06-24-2010, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator

recoil junky is on a distinguished road
Default I HATE Sheetrock!!!

The little missus has decided now that the "baby birds" are away from the nest it's time to do some remodeling.

Now for some back ground on this house. It was built back in the late 70's. Back when ugly green carpeting was the "thing". Back when home builders should have know better than to do what has been done to this house. There are no square corner. No straight walls. No square rooms and NO SKILL IN FINISHING SHEETROCK!!! Worst of all there are at least three different colors and coats of paint over this mess that would wear out ten DeWalt industrial grade sanders getting it off. And the texturing? OMG!!!!

Now I'm not so great when it comes to finishing sheetrock. It takes me twice as much mud and sanding work to get the job done "right", BUT when I get done it doesn't look to bad. (PMSOTB) But when whoever did the finish work on this sheetrock musta been high, drunk, stupid, ignorant, retarded (no offence to the mentally challenged intended) but give me a stinking break here. This is regoshdarndiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It looks like all the tools they used were the ons God gave them. Literally!!! Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder could have done a better job using sticks and river mud.

I should have taken some pictures before and after but they wouldn't have done justice to the ramshackle job I've got to fix. In one room so far I've used better than 2/3 of a bucket of mud JUST FIXING MISTAKES!!! Some of them my own

So, as a wise man once said When the going gets tough, the tough go pdog hunting.

RJ

Last edited by recoil junky; 06-24-2010 at 02:33 PM..