Go Back   The Hunter's Life > GUNS & AMMO > RELOADING

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Remington's lock core ultra bonded bullets.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:34 PM
Senior Family Member

farmboy is on a distinguished road
Default Remington's lock core ultra bonded bullets.

I think I have mentioned that I had bought and tried a few of these. I am quite impressed
with them so far. As some of you know I am not much of a fan of 6 mm cartridge s for big game hunting. I think they are a perfect coyote gun. Not enough experience with these Remington ultra bonded bullets yet but with the little deer I shot with these this fall I think they hold promise. This maybe holds true with other bonded bullets in this size. And yes I know lots of deer are taken with 6 mm and 243 s every year. These Remingtons held together and exited the far side with a massive amount of damage to the internals of the deer. I can not get nosler soild base bullets to exit or even find bits of them in a deer. I only shoot hundred grain bullets at deer with a six mm. I liked the performance well enough when I saw a couple of box's of 140 ultra bonded Remington bullets in 264 I bought them the other day. 264 bullets are always a bit hard to find around here as well. Has anyone else had experience with these and was it a thumbs up or thumbs down experience for you? Also being from Alberta Canada the deer are generally quite large 250 pound whitetails or more and mule deer at over three hundred pound are not uncommon. So that does enter into my cartridge selection process. We have ground squirrel s here not chucks funny how animals are different in different areas and our opinions work where we are from but are in no means universal. Anyhow I would be interested in anyone thoughts on these bullets.