Go Back   The Hunter's Life > HUNTING FORUMS > SMALL GAME

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

bunny bopping
Old 07-08-2007, 08:43 AM
Senior Family Member

scoper-uk is on a distinguished road
Default bunny bopping

i go down a lane near my home, it takes me to an old railway crossing rarely used now things have moved, i have permission on the golf course on the other side of the crossing, but theres only magpies to shoot there , and on this side of the lines i have permission to shoot rabbits, they seem to be around an old train yard about half a mile down the lines from the crossing where the turf fields are, the lines split into six seperate tracks here too, and my favourite is the right sweeping track looking over the turf fields on the right, spotting rabbits below is easy and there are three large fields joining the enbankment below,there are five decent points to shoot from and each point is marked with a tree or big bush on the railway to look down from,to the fields ,the banking is from the lowest end ,the start about three meters to the field and a low angle ,which is where i was sat with my spotting scope watching rabbits on the tracks sitting on the lines, ten meters disapearing into the distant right bend, typical when youve no gun,then they scarpered ,no warning signs head rearing, just scampered in all directions, hmm! i was half expecting to see a fox come strutting around the bend,no it was the same colour but a lot bigger,at least three foot to the shoulder with a long slim neck,the female red deer walked toward me untill it was ten or so meters away watched me for a while watching her, trying not to move in my cramped uncomfortable position,in my cammo gear against a small shrub then casually turned and slowly having a munch on its way back down the lines, that was the last i seen of her,ive since taken possesion of my new hw97k, and get down there as often as i can at the same time around 3.45 am,but only bunnys, to see any deer around these parts the outskirts of manchester is a sight to behold.