Go Back   The Hunter's Life > GENERAL INTEREST FORUMS > THE CAMPFIRE

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Dreary, boring bck yard this morning
Old 12-12-2007, 02:42 PM
Senior Family Member

Paul Hoskins is on a distinguished road
Default Dreary, boring bck yard this morning

Didn't get out of bed till after six this morning but I didn't miss anything. Fed the birds and varmints that hang around the back yard as it was getting daylight. Drizzling rain and dreary looking morning. The birds and varmints apparently felt the same way about it. Tried to get pictures of some of them but they didn't want to even try to cooperate with me. The old coon in the walnut tree out back turned his butt to me when I tried to get his picture. Most of the birds were uncooperative as well. ...........The young redtail bum looked down his beak at me with disdain. Looks like he was having a bad hair day anyway. .........The female redbelly woodpecker turned her butt to me as well. Her boyfriend got run over by a car a couple weeks ago in front of the house so I can understand her actions. I miss him too. ...............The rambunctious white breasted nuthatch was in a particularly bad mood today and got his butt kicked by a titmouse for threatening him. That usually doesn't happen with him. .............Only one of the nine juvenile grey squirrels showed up. On a good note, three of the juvenile fox squirrels made an appearance. They are siblings and look fat and healthy. For the most part they get along together fairly well. ...........As I sit here the juvenile redtail is sitting in the big maple tree by the house waiting for me to shoot him a sparrow or starling with the pellet rifle. The sucker can hear the pellet rifle fire over a quarter mile. He usually comes running (flying) to see if he is lucky. The big dummy doesn't realize the birds don't particularly like him. Unlike the Cooper hawk, he isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer anyway. ..........The camera, while a good one, doesn't take good pictures on days like this. I'm sure it isn't operator error. he he.........Enjoy the pic's and I hope it's a much better day where you are but I know there is lots of you out there that are having much worse weather..............Paul H
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 008.JPG (54.7 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 005.JPG (64.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 011.JPG (57.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 006.JPG (52.2 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 003.JPG (73.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 004.JPG (65.3 KB, 19 views)