Go Back   The Hunter's Life > HUNTING FORUMS > HUNTING WITH DOGS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

deer dogs.Hunters or trespasers?
Old 03-14-2006, 05:27 PM
Family Member

bigboar is on a distinguished road
Default deer dogs.Hunters or trespasers?

Man, I have really been wanting to here feed back on this topic for years. Espesually from hunters not raised and brainwashed inside the southern deerbelt. I never have personally liked the idea of hunting from the side of the road while parked in a pickup truck. From what I have seen of these guys, they hunt dogs alot more than deer. But hey, if thats what they want to do with their time, then thats there business. Until recently my hunting buddie and myself have enjoyed a 200 acre lease. We have always had other hunting clubs around us and got along with them very well.[Still hunter that is.] However last year one of our neighboring clubs decided [On nov. 18.] They weren't seeing any deer son they were going to dog hunt there land. I arrived at my treestand on Saturday morning to find three trucks parked under it and a dozen more down the property line. Dogs and dog hunters walking all over my cornpiles that I have been tending too for three months. This resulted in days of work and letting the little ones [ two and three year olds] walk go down the tubes. I went from seeing deer everyday to seeing nothing at all. Not to mention the sign of the 140 class 9 pointer I had been seeing for a week leading up to that great morning. When asking the other club if they would stay on there land and leave us alone they simply replied, OUR DOGS CAN,T READ!!! We checked the game laws and it said that they do have the wright to enter your land to retrieve ther animals not to hunt. I truley enjoy a good quail hunt any day with a good pointer. But I think this is going a little to far. WHAT DO YOU THINK?