Green River Knives

Started by RatherBHuntin, March 22, 2008, 06:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hoskins

Really nice and simple Glenn. ...........Paul H

gitano

Did you just 'whip that up'?:eek: :biggthumpup:

That looks great! In my previous post, I didn't mean to suggest you make one of those. Rather I was just wondering what you thought of 'em. Now that you've made one and have it in your hands, what do you think - both with respect to fabrication, and to use?

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

RatherBHuntin

Easy to make, just gotta remember to cut almost a half circle to get the rounded bottom edge, I cut it a little narrow and now it's too pointy for my tastes and with a flat edge to boot.  Remember I said I couldn't cut a straight line....can't cut a curved one either.  I think it will be plenty secure, since it is deep.  With a belt wrapped around it even more so.  I'm not sure how comfortable it will be to wear, but my guess is it will be as that style seems to have withstood the test of time.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

gitano

QuoteI'm not sure how comfortable it will be to wear
You haven't strapped it on??? :D
Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

RatherBHuntin

Quote from: gitano;76307I didn't mean to suggest you make one of those
I had to make another one anyways, and had considered one similiar to that design(and this one looked easier)
Quote from: gitano;76307You haven't strapped it on???
Paul
Nope, it's not mine.:)
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

gitano

By the by...

That knife field dressed the doe in Colorado this year, and the moose in my 'back yard'. I'm not sure whether I sharpened it between the two events or not. Point being that it takes and holds a good edge.

Great knife! It's a treasured gift.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

RatherBHuntin

Thank you, mine keeps a good edge too.
Glenn

Ronald Reagan

Tags: