last year

Started by yotecurhunter, July 29, 2008, 08:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yotecurhunter

I want to get back in the swing of things so I thought I'd let you all know how it's been going.  This is a one day hunt.  Dogs decoyed in the morning and tracked and bayed one wounded coyote.  They also found a coyote I hit that I would have never recovered.
Sean G. Harrison

Alboy

That was a busy day, good to have you back.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Gmoney

-Greg

Personal field testing trumps everything no matter what Field and Stream says, what your degree of perceived manhood is, or what your buddies think.

yotecurhunter

Is the reason I can't have bigger pictures in a post because my digital camera is a 7 megapixel?  So I have to use smaller pictures?
Sean G. Harrison

gitano

10 coyotes... Cool!

THL, (and all other forums I am aware of), has a size limit on those pictures that they host. At THL it's a little less than 100 kB. (Usually that about a 640x480 digital image.) If you post your pictures to a third-party picture host, like www.photobucket.com, your camera's image size will be irrelevant. (A 7MB sensor produces a jpg image of about 1.5 MB - about 15 times as large as THL accepts)

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

marmot60

Looks like you got back into the swing of things ok.

rockinbbar

I'm starting my dog on decoying this year. He Hates coyotes!

Good work, man!

Good Hunting!

Barry
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

gitano

I like that dog!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

I like that rifle! And congrats yotecurhunter on such a plentiful bounty. God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

yotecurhunter

Rockinbar, did you host some THL coyote hunts down on your place?  I seem to remember some hunting going on in NM.  Here's some more pictures from the past.  One of the pictures I'm using an electronic call, but I've since sold it and went back to hand calls.  The 10 dogs were called using a hand call.
Sean G. Harrison

rockinbbar

I did host a couple of hunts a few years ago.

I'm at a different local now & hunt more desert coyotes than mountain ones...
I still shoot the mountain ones when I can though.

Nice pics! :)

I use a FoxPro FX5 now. I just switched to full time elec. call about a year ago. There's an old worn out Johnny Stewart on the shelf though.

I like the hand calls , but frankly the Foxpro is easier...;)
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

Paul Hoskins

I like all the dogs and guns. I like the coyotes too but only because they are dead. I despise the varmints. Good going. Thanks for sharing and get more of them   ..........Paul H

Tags: