My 9.3x57 project rifle

Started by HSM_miner, November 30, 2007, 07:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

That's definitely going to be a sweetheart when it's finished.:biggthumpup:  Let's hope it shoots like a laser.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Paul Hoskins

miner, that's a really nice looking outfit. I would love to finish that stock for you. You could see at least a quarter inch deep into the wood when I finished with it. I'm out of feel for checkering much any more and my nerves don't help either.   .............Paul H

Alboy

I am certainly an admitted dunce on woods. For the life of me why is that considered a "second"

Looks like it is going to polish up real nice and I like the patterns I could see.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

HSM_miner

This week, I bedded the front recoil lug.  Everything turned out quite nicely for my first attempt of doing this, I think.  The action popped out with a little tug.  I had a bit of trouble removing the magazine, some acraglas gel had squirted past the modeling clay.  Happily, I had gotten crazy with the release agent and had everything well coated.  A little persuasion with a wood dowel and a hammer loosened things up nicely.  I want to go out and test fire, to see how she shoots, before finishing the stock. (Itchy trigger finger I guess!):yes:

HSM_miner

I have been busy.....here are some pics.  Still have a few more coats of oil to apply.

Paul Hoskins

Good job miner. Absolutely beautiful wood too. .......drool....  drool. Now get er wired together and show us how she shoots.     .....Paul H

kombi1976

Cheers & God Bless
22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 N.E. 3"

Alboy

Yea buddy, real nice looking piece there
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

22hornet

Quote from: HSM_miner;76494I have been busy.....here are some pics. Still have a few more coats of oil to apply.

Nice, really nice!!

How many more coats of oil to go?
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

gitano

You're not really gonna been seen 'out' with that 'thing' are you???:kiss:

It's a good lookin' piece of work.:biggthumpup:

Let's see some targets!

By the way, Midway has some .366" bullets on sale.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

HSM_miner

Quote from: 22hornet;76506Nice, really nice!!

How many more coats of oil to go?

Well, what you were looking at was the first coat of oil after filling the pores in the wood.  So, I'd say, 2 or 3 more light coats of oil to go still....I am not going to rush.

Tags: