Saturday Morning Hunt

Started by Jay Edward (deceased), January 18, 2008, 10:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Edward (deceased)

Good morning folks.  

I just found out that there is one open season left here in Montana... so after breakfast we're headin' out to get some meat.

In the meantime we'll have Oatmeal & raisins, toast & jam, some eggs in the big pan, thick Canadian smoked bacon on the griddle and the 50 cup coffee pot will be steaming on the rock we keep hard by the campfire.

Dress up warm and don't be bringin' no leetle bore cartridge rifles.

Vermonster

:biggthumpup:

That's some pretty good graphics there Jay.  Did you do that?????

Alboy

I will swing by College Station and borrow the elephant rifle from the Student Union, don't  think old man Metzger would mind it for this hunt. :food04: :sweetheart:

Is there a draw, if so put my hat in, I am on :cool: the way.

Glad you got back over here to play some been missing you, pard.

The year was 1988 on the pic, 2004 was when I started scanning in old photos.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Clueless

OH WOW look at them "big boys"

errr I've a little cannon around here somewhere if you interested!!:COOLdude:
A mind always employed is always happy. This is the true secret, the grand recipe, for felicity.
Thomas Jefferson

RatherBHuntin

Boys, it's all about shot placement with those big hairy tusked varmints...put a .223 right in the ear and they'll drop everytime....

Nice to get some breakfast around here again, I think after the last time I cooked folks decided it was safer to just go without.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

Clueless

I knew there was something I was missing.

BREAKFAST!!

Those "boys" have ears you can see or are they like elephant ears?

Wooly Mammoth.  Read somewhere they were a gentle soul.  One was unearthed at Grey in Upper East TN.  I stumbled acoss an article not long ago.
A mind always employed is always happy. This is the true secret, the grand recipe, for felicity.
Thomas Jefferson

Jay Edward (deceased)

Quote from: Alboy;72293I will swing by College Station and borrow the elephant rifle from the Student Union, don't  think old man Metzger would mind it for this hunt. :food04: :sweetheart:

Is there a draw, if so put my hat in, I am on :cool: the way.

Glad you got back over here to play some been missing you, pard.

The year was 1988 on the pic, 2004 was when I started scanning in old photos.

You get first shot Alboy... matter of fact, you can take point and I'll back you up.  I'll be right behind you... maybe sorta leaning the other way.:2thumbsup:

I've been around some Alboy... getting rid of spammers when I found them but mostly going through what old guys go through at certain times.

I didn't do the graphics Vermonster.  I ran across that photo when I was doing a search on something else.  When I run across items like this I will dump them in a special file I keep for THL posts.

Paul Hoskins

The breakfast sounds good to me, Jay. I'll skip the varmint hunt. Looks like some acquaintances I made in Quebec, Canada years ago. One was the waitress in a steak joint. ...........Paul H

Tags: