Even'n coffee with a good western book or move

Started by buckshot roberts, March 12, 2006, 03:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckshot roberts

;) I never trough "OLE"  HollyWood could  OR  would make a good western like they used to, gone are the days, of "My Darling Clementine" with Henry Fonda, "Winchester 73 " with James Stewart, The Plainsman" with Gary Cooper, "Hondo" with John Wayne,They made some good ones in their time, Now it's good to see Cowboys Like SAM Elliott, in "Conagher", Tom Selleck In "Crossfire Trail", Robert Duvall in "Lonesome Dove" or "Open Range" Steping in an making some very good ones , If it had not been for the DVD or Video, I would  never have got to see Hopalong Cassidy, or The  OLD John Wayne ones from the 30's  like" Blue Steel" or the "The Dawn Rider" Give these a look. An Clint Eastwood's "Spaghetti" westerns, were they good or not,:D  If it hadn't been for the Westerns Ch, I would never have seen any of Tom Mix's stuff.

The same with books, I like Louis L'Amour,  read them all, I've never read all of Zane Grey's work, or Max Brand's, I've got hooked on Clarence E. Mulford books, got some of His old hardback books from  Ebay, but now wal-mart has the now in paperback, Ralph Compton  from Tennessee has been turning out Some good book's . Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

LLANOJOHN (deceased)

buckshot,

Gotta agree with you thar, pardner! Tommy Lee Jones you can add to your list of "Good Old Boys"! Speakin' of "Good Old Boys" you have got to see the movie starring Tommy Lee Jones based on the book by Elmer Kelton. Elmer writes mainly books based on Texas history.

"Lonesome Dove" has become a classic in western movies. McMurtry done good on this one and the sequels tho not as good without the original cast members.

Pick up one of Kelton's books and you just cain't put it down.

Ol' John
Life Member-NRA-TSRA
Riflesmith-Bolt & Lever Centerfires Only
Left-Hand Creek Rifles
Mark Twain was right-"There is no such thing as too much good whiskey!"
My best advice.."Best to stay outta trees and offa windmills!"

rockinbbar

Ah the good ones.....Louis L'Amour included.

Now, Longarm is my hero & have read all of Tabor Evans "Longarm" books.

One day I'll have to share some pics of the old movie stars we grew up watching. ;)

Barry
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

LLANOJOHN (deceased)

Barry,

Here are a few to get you started........:D

Ol' John
Life Member-NRA-TSRA
Riflesmith-Bolt & Lever Centerfires Only
Left-Hand Creek Rifles
Mark Twain was right-"There is no such thing as too much good whiskey!"
My best advice.."Best to stay outta trees and offa windmills!"

buckshot roberts

:D Hey, L J  yep I got some Elmer Kelton, I liked his Slaughter one, and the ones about Texas, let's not forget Clay Fisher, Elmore Leonard,Matt Braun,and Terry C. Johnston, Luke Short ,O so many,

:D RockinBBar, Yep the series book's like the "Plainsmen", The "Edge" series, John Benteen "Fargo" series, and Ralph W. Cotton "Jeston Nash" series, to name a few good'ns

:confused: Ok you two "Shane" dang fine move, Now do ya think ole shane slumped over in his saddel, ? wounded and dying or already dead when he rides up the cemetery hill through the tombstones, headed up to the Snow-capped Tetons, Joey calling  Shane. Shane! Come Back!  Bye Shane. Now is that a move or What, Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Tags: