Wet Rabbit Run(2 for the pot)

Started by buckshot roberts, January 21, 2006, 09:05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckshot roberts

This saturdays rabbit hunt got rained out, Got up a 5am tnis morn'n and meet the others a 6am, after a long drive, we were their at 7:30, and about the time the rain was set'n in, But we let the dog's with the hope that, The rain would not last long, "Wrong", Anyway the dog got a sent and one rabbit was run for over an hour before I got him with my winchester model super-X2, using a cyl ck, number 6 shot, that rabbit was move'n on and jump'n about a foot of the ground when I got him in my sight's, he was a back track'n him self, and the next one was just luck, I don't thank the dog's were even after him, just came out from the brush on my right, and sat still long enough for me to get him, The other 4 had takin 6, By this time my wool coat and hat are wet, the rain is coming down now. so we called it off, Not bad for a 3 hour hunt, Rabbit stew sunday
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

gitano

Man, I wish I could do that kind of hunting again. It's been about 40 years.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

RatherBHuntin

Not bad at all.  Two for the pot ought to be just about right.  What kind of dogs are you running?
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

buckshot roberts

;) RBH, they were rabbit dog's of somekind, I have no idea, But they(4) were she's, I call mason sunday and see what kind they are, We just have onemore week of rabbit season, Can you see them in these pic's

:D gitano, I cleaned my shotgun,and rabbits, got out of the wet clothing, and had me a little siesta time, old age must be creep'n up on me;)
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

buckmaster

bru

I know a lot of rabbit hunters that prefer to shoot shotguns.  Whats a good guage for rabbits.  Acctually, what's the ideal rabbit shotgun/set up.  I may be pulling around on that this year.  Whats a recoil comparison to a centerfire rifle.  I shoot a .243 Savage10.  Some of the higher weight loads can punch.  Just looking out for a comparison.
THNX

buckshot roberts

;) bru welcome to THL, I been using a winchester model 94-410 2 1/2 inch, for rabbit's, a lot of hunters use a .22 and some like the 12ga, here any shotgun with about a 20-24 inch bbl, cyl bore work the best, in this thick brush  thats around here, Ron

bowhunter 51

Centerfire rifles prohibited here in Tennessee.....I use 12 gauge W/light loads...
Great pics, Buckshot............
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

Tags: