Big Bore Beauties

Started by RANGER RICK, October 08, 2004, 02:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RANGER RICK

Hello all.
Looks like the place is all fresh and new . Just thought I would post a couple of pic's of a couple of bullets I have cast for my pretties . They are 720 gr WFNGC bullets for my Sharps rifle . I shoot these out of a 45-120 . The other one is a 700 gr WFNGC bullet for my S&W 500 magnum PC Hunter along side of it is a lone 44 mag 230 gr . Enjoy

RR
PRACTICE DOES NOT MAKE PERFECT !!! PERFECT PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT !!!!!! :eek:
Home of the 500 MAGNUM TYRANNOSAURUS THUMPER\'S....

drinksgin (deceased)

RR;
Does your chiropractor have his stock listed, I might want to invest! ;]
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

Jay Edward (deceased)

Those cartridges are so neat looking.  However, I also would rather watch than pull the trigger...unless the firearrms are weighing in at 60 lbs or more and have some sort of hydraulic recoil system.

Alboy

I think the more proper attitude is, "Respect my authority" and those look like they will demand the respect.

Recoil is subjective at best.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

drinksgin (deceased)

Actually, recoil is objective, a physical force.
Don

Alboy

That is true the equal and opposit reaction stuff. Some find it tougher to handle as the force goes up, some don't. That is the subjective part I was refering too.

Case just experienced. Shot the 45-70 for about a 100 rounds Sunday. Afew sent down range by others. Recoil like I remembered it and no big deal (to me) some of the others only one shot was enough. No I do not blindside folks all were advised it would kick and to really snug it in to the shoulder.

The tough part was the shower that night when my head keeper and boss and light of my life for 26 years saw me step out of the shower. I was bruised some in the shoulder pocket. First time I have ever experienced that. The fact I am on blood thinners is all I can figure. Must be a little high on dosage. Not sore, no problem in movement but a real nifty purplish color.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

klallen

Alright.  Spill the beans with regards to your load data.  What kind of velocities are you getting?  Particularly the 700 in the S&W.  Later.  >>  klallen

drinksgin (deceased)

Alboy;
It doesn,t take a .45-70 to make pretty blue places, I have a '94 in .32sp, has the crescent butt plate, a couple of months ago, I let it come up too high and the pointy bottom of the plate center punched my shoulder, made a nice round one! :[

Paul Barnard

KLAllen:

Do I remember you from another forum as being a somewhat vocal proponent of magnums?  Were you a regular on shooters.com before it shut down?

Paul

RANGER RICK

Hello again.

KLALLEN

The 700 is a a head turner at the range for sure when you launch one of these pills . Mostly what I hear is WHAT IS THAT GUY SHOOTING ???? :eek: and then the line up begins and I have to hand out rags to catch all the drool . I have fun just watching these guys shoot it . I do not mind it at all , I roll my own for a few cents  a piece . For the load data on the 700 . First one is  WC820 25 gr at 1100 vel , second one is H110 25 gr at 1125 vel . I also shoot the 575 gr WFNGC , best load is LIL Gun 33.5 gr at 1442 vel . I do have load data for 16 different weights for the 500 . I really like shooting this revolver .:rolleyes:
PRACTICE DOES NOT MAKE PERFECT !!! PERFECT PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT !!!!!! :eek:
Home of the 500 MAGNUM TYRANNOSAURUS THUMPER\'S....

Tags: