Our M R Byrd hits the "Double Nickel"!!!!

Started by LLANOJOHN (deceased), September 28, 2005, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LLANOJOHN (deceased)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY THAR YOUNG TIMER!!  THE BIG '55'!!!!

Hope you celebrate it well as it only comes around once.........:D

Enjoy the CAKE"""!  I done baked it myself......(yeah--right!!!;) )

All the best, neighbor!!:D

Ol' John:cool: :cool:
Life Member-NRA-TSRA
Riflesmith-Bolt & Lever Centerfires Only
Left-Hand Creek Rifles
Mark Twain was right-"There is no such thing as too much good whiskey!"
My best advice.."Best to stay outta trees and offa windmills!"

m gardner

Happy birthday M. R.! There's nothing better than being middle age. My wife says I'm getting old and wrinkly. I think it's because I've been wet alot lately and shrunk some. God bless .
 Mark

M. R. Byrd

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.

Actually, I am about celebrated out with Mother's party over the weekend. I was born on my Mother's 35th birthday. That means that she is 90 today and I am 55.

I did have a big party for Mother at the ranch on Saturday and Sunday. I have lots of pictures and will share them when I get a chance. Then my brother from Georgia took Mother and me out for Mexican on Monday evening before he left town. I do have those photos ready and will post them now.

God Bless,
Maynard
Maynard Reece Byrd
Dodge City

buckshot roberts

:D :D :D :D Yep, Happy Birthday, thanks for the pic's:D :D :D :D
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

RatherBHuntin

Who the spry young lady?  And is that sopapillas I see?  ummmmm good.  I hope your mother's birthday was a roaring success.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

drinksgin (deceased)

NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

M. R. Byrd

They call them Sopapilla Delight. It is a rather large sopapilla filled with vanilla ice cream and topped with fresh strawberries. They are soooooo good.

Maynard
Maynard Reece Byrd
Dodge City

Kit

Happy BIRTHDAY MR!!!!

YOU look like an author!  You need to get writing and get that mug on your bookjackets!!!!!

But she's still prettier than you.
 ;-)

M. R. Byrd

You are right, of course Mother is prettier.

Here are some pictures of our party at the ranch on Saturday.

Maynard

The photos are:
Trolley ride in Dodge City
My first cousin and husband in buggy
Carving 20' hedge post for cross on hill
Checking the post
Chuckwagon
Cobbler from the dutch oven
Cookie singing
Old Rugged Cross on the hill
Old Rugged Cross on the hill
Maynard Reece Byrd
Dodge City

M. R. Byrd

Here is another photo that I liked. It was early morning fog at the mailbox.

Maynard
Maynard Reece Byrd
Dodge City

12 gauge

Yes happy belated birthday M.R. Byrd!

Hope you enjoyed your birthday! Sorry i didn't post it yesterday, was kinda busy on other sites, and my school work..:(

2 days until hunting season! Can't wait!

Have another great day for us! ;) :D :cool:
"I only hunt and fish on days that end in \'Y\'"- 12 gauge

rockinbbar

The pictures are great, Maynard!

Happy Birthday as well...:D

Looks like a great time on the ranch.
Now you just have another 55 years of hard work, fun, and family on the place. ;)

Rockin'
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

M. R. Byrd

About the cross that now is on buffalo bluff-
Years ago, forty-seven to be exact, I tagged along as two of my older brothers put a cross on buffalo bluff. The ranch was that year hosting the annual Easter sunrise service for the three local churches. The bluff, we call "buffalo bluff" is known that way because my father would dig complete buffalo skeltons out of there after heavy rains would cause some of the bluff to fall away. It is believed that the bluff was used by our native Americans to stampede buffalo. Could that be the origin of "fast food"? The bluff starts out running from the north to the south and then curves around to the west. This forms a natural ampitheather in the bottom.

I have had a desire to install a cross again on buffalo bluff and mentioned to my good friend Jim that if he should ever run across a twenty foot hedge post around his Flint Hills ranch, I would like to get it. With Mother's 90th birthday party and the fact that the ranch was purchased by my grandmother on September 5, 1905, I thought this weekend would be the perfect time. Jim was able to harvest this cross, that has a vetical member of 20 foot and 1 inch from a neighboring ranch. The log came from a hedge post tree farm that was planted over a hundred years ago.

The "Old Rugged Cross" is now on buffalo bluff and is dedicated to those Christian men and women that have walked this ranch before us. And to God be the glory and praise. Amen.

Maynard
Maynard Reece Byrd
Dodge City

Jay Edward (deceased)

Many happy returns Maynard.  Seems like you found a wonderful way to both celebrate and create more memories.

Alboy

Happy birthday to you and your Mom, remember to thank her for the genes.

Really enjoyed the pictures, Thanks again.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Tags: