Considering dogs

Started by gitano, July 22, 2005, 06:55:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

Most of this is too true.

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue. ~~ Anonymous
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful. ~~ Ann Landers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~~ Will Rogers
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.

~~ Ben Williams
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.

~~ Josh Billings

The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.

~~ Andrew A. Rooney

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

~~ M. Facklam

Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate.
~~ Sigmund Freud

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few persons. ~~ James Thurber

A dog teaches a boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down. ~~ Robert Benchley

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult. ~~ Rita Rudner

Dogs need to sniff the ground; it's how they keep abreast of current events. The ground is a giant dog newspaper, containing all kinds of late-breaking dog news items, which, if they are especially urgent, are often continued in the next yard. ~~ Dave Barry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog.
~~ Franklin P. Jones

My dog is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to $3.00 a can.That's almost $21.00 in dog money. ~~ Joe Weinstein

Outside of a dog, a book is probably man's best friend; inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. ~~ Groucho Marx

Ever consider what they must think of us? I mean, here we come back from a grocery store with the most amazing haul, chicken, pork, half a cow.
They must think we're the greatest hunters on earth! ~~ Anne Tyler

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea. ~~ Robert A. Heinlein

If all else fails, pet the dog.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Dragonfly

Dogs have Masters--Cats have staff!!!:D

Jay Edward (deceased)

Well!  This is all very nice but the phase: "It's a dog eat dog world" had to come from somewhere.

Dragonfly

Probably the University of Hard Knocks Jay!!!:)

And it's really a Mickey Mouse world to some people. :rolleyes:

Jay Edward (deceased)

Ahhhh...that expalins it.  I'm an alumus of Watsamatta U.

gitano

"Well! This is all very nice but the phase: "It's a dog eat dog world" had to come from somewhere."

The cats started it. ;)

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Dragonfly

I'm sure they did.  I never heard it's a "cat eat cat world". :D :D

Brithunter

That's because the Cat's are just toooooo stoopid:eek:  I mean just look how many get squished on the roads :(  Sure a few dogs do but way, way more cats get squashed.

Saying that I really have to watch my dog as he has absolutely no road sense at all and seems to think he is indestructable. I think it's a Bull Terrier thing :rolleyes:
Go Get them Floyd!

Dragonfly

You know I have to say I've never seen a cat squished on the road.  Hummm...maybe in the South they are smarter. :D  I see a lot of "road kill" as in opossum and racoons and the occassional deer but not nary a cat.

gitano

Whaaaat? No "sail-cats" in Tennessee? Whadaya use for wing-shootin' practice?  I s'pose they get picked up pretty quick for use in Tennessee Road-kill Cook Book recipes. ;) :D

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Dragonfly

Not to my knowledge Paul.  But you'd be surprised I saw a "Road Kill Cookbook" at Borders Book store a while back!!! :D

Nope in TN we raise killer cats!!!:D

Brithunter

Hi Dragonfly,

I a, sorry to say it's an all too common sight on the roads, although I must say not so common where I live now. When I lived down south I saw far too many and have actually seen the daft critters run out under the wheels of cars. It happened last Autumn right outside my apartment block.
Go Get them Floyd!

drinksgin (deceased)

Around here it is ; in town about equal cats and squirrels, out of town, skunks, may just seem like more because you sure notice them, then possums, armadillos, dogs, coons, rats, snakes and the occasional turtle and beaver.
Don
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

Dragonfly

We got all them but the armidillar!! No armidillar around here.  I see a lot of snakes, opossum, skunk and as I mentioned before deer,  but not so much dogs, cats or squirrels.

Maybe those of us who own cats in the south are much more particular where our cat hangs.  And cats are much more territorial than dogs so that may be another reason.

Southern cats seem to have it made and have a mind of their own. LOL!!!

sakorick

Here's my terrior Tess....rescued from the pound as a pup. Best dog I've ever had. Smart and fun....
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Tags: