Hoyt vtech setup

Started by killahog, March 15, 2005, 09:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

killahog

Hello Fellow Hunters: I will be buying my first compound bow next month a hoyt vtech, I was hoping that I could get some feedback from others who have a hoyt setup including arrow rest sights and what release aid they are using.

Jay Edward (deceased)

If the Vtech is the Viper-Tech then someone else already was writing about it on the forum...perhaps pre-crash.

Is this the bow?

killahog

That Bow looks similar The only differance is the overall length viper is 32 1/5 vtech is 35 1/5  and The brace hight is 1/5 in higher on The vipertec I will look for The post  you were refering to and thank you for  your response.      (when you can actually hear the acorns crunching in there mouth you know  you are close enough)  

RatherBHuntin

I've got the MagnaTech with a very similiar sight.  It actually looks functionally the same.  My bow is 35" axle to axle.  Using the TruFire release, the cheapest one in the store, and seems to work great.  The only thing I dont like about it is the big nut at the base of the release that holds it to the strap.  You don't feel it as it is on the outside of the strap, but it can snag or hit your bow, making abit of noise. I covered mine in Goop or ShoeGoo, or Permatex or something so that it doesn't click against my arrows when I am setting it.  You can check this thread to see who is shooting what.  
 http://www.thehunterslife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

killahog

Glenn Thank  you for taking  your time to reply to my question I will check out The thread  you mentioned. Today is a very gloomy day as I have to attend a funeral but for the last half hour I was completly emersed In The excitement of The coming days when I will get to use my new bow and Your response to my thread was part of that Thank you.

RatherBHuntin

Your welcome.  I'm sorry to hear about your loss.  Too bad you don't have your bow already, you could go outside and let a few fly, always makes me feel better.  Got a nice little bow range out back.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

arcticwolfhart

I'm getting a Hoyt Vtec this summer for the up comming season, Personally on release aids get one you like I like the kind that stay closed until the trigger is pulled but others like my dad like the ones you have to manually close. I have a detachable quiver on my bow right now and it's nice, but on the new one I'm going with a fixed mount, less to work loose and rattle from torque. There is a difference in the Vtec and the Vipertech most are unnoticable until you shoot it but there is alot more technology and dampening in the vtec and it actually shoots hotter. as far as hoyt setups I didn't like the hoyt sights or arrowrests and I use a Nap Tec 4000 on my bow now and I don't like it constantly having to tighten it or have it adjusted. But I am going with a hoyt stabilizer and quiver. But going with an aftermarket Sight and arrowrest. Hope that helps some.

killahog

I made a phone call yesterday to hoyt  I wanted to ask them personally about the differances between a magnatech and a vtech, because there was a magnatech for sale on ebay i was looking at.They said There is a big differance in that the new vtech has a  cnc machined aluminun riser and the magnatech that has been replaced with the ultratech has a cast aluminun riser .as for the sights and rest I am going to the deer and turkey expo In columbus ohio today and I am going to shop around for them there.I will also be looking for a 1 piece removable quiver, I prefer to remove the quiver on my crossbow when I am up In The tree and I am never really In a hurry after I get up there anyway.

Tags: