Gophers

Started by farmboy, April 03, 2019, 05:25:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmboy

Yes that time of year again. I was out to the farm on the weekend and lots of gopher holes around. Looks like they had a busy fall and summer last year. The sun is to shine today and they should be out to warm themselves and play in the sun. I might see if I can get a few today. I am on my way out in there today. I could finally shoulder a rifle so I think I may try a rim fire. See how that goes. I am thinking the gophers.are really safe today! Lol.

recoil junky

They are out here in force.

Got a "holeous diggus gigantus" Saturday.

I used a bit more than a rimfire tho.

GO GIT 'EM!!

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

gitano

REALLY glad to hear you got out to do some shooting recon, farmboy! I hope you are able to get out there and at least shoot AT some!

Keep us posted.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

farmboy

Quote from: recoil junky;152915They are out here in force.

Got a "holeous diggus gigantus" Saturday.

I used a bit more than a rimfire tho.

GO GIT 'EM!!

RJ

Lol those are lots bigger than ours! I was out but they were not. Lol I had the scared

gitano

"Out" is good!

I bet they're more difficult to see from the ground than from the cab of a combine!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

recoil junky

Holeous diggus smallus (Richardson ground  squirrels, Uinta ground squirrels) are thick as flees on a coyote here now, but it's too muddy to get to where the best shooting is.

Holeous diggus smallus are as described above, holeous diggus biggerous are praie dogs, holeous diggous gigantus are marmots, rockchucks or whistle pigs, holeous diggus outus are Badgers. A bit of Montana Latin . . .

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

farmboy

Had a quick look today did not see any at the farm. Not sure why likely just the wrong time of day I was out there.

JaDub

I concur.  Thinned out a few Holeous Diggerous Biggerous a few days ago.  While I was waiting for the afternoon dove shoot I decided to drive over to the local HDB town and see if there were any targets.  Most shots were about 150 yards which was a chip shot for the .223 Stevens.   Propped the gun between the door and the A piller and had at it. Shot  reloads  of 25 gr of 4895  and 50 gr Hornady V Max. Turned them into prairie fertilizer.   Only limiting factor was my lack of a bipod.   Fun stuff indeed !   Wish I got the opportunity to do it more often.

JaDub

farmboy

Yes one of the best hunting trips.

Tags: