Sneak Preview

Started by sakorick, August 06, 2018, 01:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

I drove down to Warsaw this morning and picked up my stock from Macon Gunstocks for my 35 Whelen Ackley project. I had him use the M70 Winchester pattern and checkering. The wood is Claro Walnut and the tips are Zebra. He also installed a 1" Decelerator Pad with a pull of 14 inches and both front and rear guard screws are pillared.  I am very pleased....let the sanding begin!

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Bill Thibeault

What receiver/action and barrel maker did you use?  Have a picture of the working parts to show?
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."(George Orwell)

sakorick

Quote from: Bill Thibeault;151351What receiver/action and barrel maker did you use?  Have a picture of the working parts to show?

It's a Zastava(Interarms) Mauser with double set triggers and a A&B 24 inch barrel. Mark Skaggs did the Ackley reaming and blued the barrel. He made the target crown free.

Bill Thibeault

Very, very nice. Look forward to a range report!
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."(George Orwell)

gitano

That's VERY nice, Rick! Looking forward to seeing the finished rifle.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

recoil junky

WOW!!!:bowdown:

I hope in the Winchester configuration it doesn't belt you. What's it going to weigh?

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Jamie.270

Wow, that's a peach Rick!

Your work never ceases to amaze.
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

Paul Hoskins

Really nice. Hope it shoots as good as it looks.  .....Paul H

sakorick

Quote from: Paul Hoskins;151358Really nice. Hope it shoots as good as it looks.  .....Paul H

And of course, that is the prime directive!

Tags: