The Winchester -13 M1 Garand

Started by sakorick, April 21, 2018, 07:25:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

The Winchester -13 are quite unique in the Garand world. There were roughly 39,000 of them built from Jan 45 to Jun 45 and were assigned serial number block 1601150 to 1,6403?? and the -13 was added to their drawing number. These serial number have duplicate brothers assigned to Springfield Armory. If units had a Winchester and Matching SA, they would add a A suffix to either one of the rifles for accountability. -13's have some odd parts in that Winchester was trying to use up all the parts they had on hand. So early -13's could have an older oprod and the slant cut WRA op rod is perfectly acceptable for the very early Win-13's while later in the Win-13 production did the straight cut op rod become the expected version. My early Win 13 is missing the circle P proof and the OC canons were stamped on their side. These mistakes and omissions were a result of cost cutting and the president and board of directors stated that Winchester would never manufacture a post war rifle. Government records indicate Winchester delivered 513,880 M1 Garand rifles between December 1940 and June 1945. The surrender of Germany in May 1945 resulted in termination of M1 rifle manufacture at Winchester as of 30 June 1945. I own 2 of them now and always looking for more.:yes:

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Bill Thibeault

Rick, You should become an investigative reporter.  I know of nobody who can ferret out rare firearms like you.  Maybe you could find out about 2016 Presidential Election collusion, especially in and around Hillary's campaign.  The mainstream media sure can't seem to "find" anything...
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."(George Orwell)

sakorick

Quote from: Bill Thibeault;150614Rick, You should become an investigative reporter.  I know of nobody who can ferret out rare firearms like you.  Maybe you could find out about 2016 Presidential Election collusion, especially in and around Hillary's campaign.  The mainstream media sure can't seem to "find" anything...

I think everyone already knows!
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Jorge in Oz

"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

Tags: