first squirrel of the new season

Started by buckshot roberts, May 20, 2017, 04:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckshot roberts

I told myself that this season I would put more time back into huntin squirrel's I was hopeful to do better opening day, but after setting for over three hours just to see one squirrel, well one squirrel is one squirrel,  I had to give it up after a storm started to roll in.....we'll see what Sunday bring....Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Cool! I reckon the greys have a sign up in my yard to avoid the place, only seen one squizzer and he does not linger...
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

gitano

I'd like to get some squirrel hunting in before I die. Might have to go 'east' to get that accomplished.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

buckshot roberts

Paul you need to, I got rained out this past sunday,   we have around four more weeks of summer season.....Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

farmboy

Ground squirrel hunting or perhaps shooting is a better term it was not a hunt today. I dropped a boom wheel into a badger hole and tore it off the weed sprayer so I was a bit upset at the time and money that this cost me so I started a different way of shooting them today. Had a flat deck trailer hooked on the the  dodge with a 1800 gallon water tank on it and pulled up beside a squirrel colony's  holes and stuck the hose in a hole and fired up the two inch banjo pump. Well the shooting is fast and furious. The count ended up at four colony's flooded out and sixty dead ground squirrels. I am going to haul a bunch more water  I really need to get them under control. The last five years I don't think I would be telling stories if I said the ground squirrels had cost me at least twenty thousand dollars in damage and lost crop. Two of us shooting as fast as we could work the bolt when the water level got high enough.

gitano

I would dearly love to SEE that spectacle!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: