Take that, DavidLT! Your not the only trapper at THL!

Started by gitano, July 19, 2016, 09:54:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

This varmint has been making a nuisance of himself for some time now. Chewing up my plastic containers to get to the food that I was GIVING him in a feeder.

I'm a patient man, but enough is enough! Trapping such a fearsome beast is no small feat, I tell ya! Makes all that work that David does look like a walk in the park! Enuff about that! Here's the beast in the flesh:

:MOGRIN:

Kidding aside, this varmint is beginning to annoy me. It usually goes poorly for the critter when it starts to annoy me. I considered making a squirrel rug, but I don't REALLY want to kill this guy, so instead I'm going to permanently mark him (ear notch) and release him about half a mile away. I'm curious to see if he will, or can, make his way back "home".

I'll take some more pictures of him when I get him marked, and when I release him.

News at 11.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

JaDub

I`ve about worn out my Hav-A-Heart on squirrels over the years. I transport them a few miles away to ensure they become someone else`s problem. :yes:

They seem to think they need a new nest about every other nite. For each leafy branch they lodge in a likely holding spot they drop about 5 branches. The trees just cant take that kind of abuse. I pay way too much money every year to have the damage cut out. They also eat the bark around the base of an emergent branch from the main trunk......... which kills the whole branch completely. :stare:

If it weren`t for the Hav -A-Heart trap and peanut butter, I`d be living in a barren landscape.

Then for the difficult ones, there`s always the Gamo. ;)

gitano

If they were eating my trees, there'd be lead flyin'!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

That sounds very interesting Paul, will be curious to see if this guy comes back. The squirrels around here get away with murder :) a couple have chewed into my chicken feed, that bought them a piece of lead! God bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

gitano

I suppose you've been too busy running to do any ADC work, David, eh?

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

Doing ADC work is not optional Paul, they call I go, just set some traps today. Have made 3k doing ADC work so far :) God bless.

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

gitano

QuoteDoing ADC work is not optional Paul, they call I go,
I didn't realize that. Hmm...

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

davidlt89

I work my running in rhe mornings ;) should have 54 miles for the week by saturday afternoon. On pace for 211 miles this month. How many miles per week does your wife put in? I will have to plan a trip just to run with your wife :) God bless.

gitano

Right now she's biking more than running. Honestly, I don't keep track of her running/biking workout schedules. You'll have to make the running arrangements with my wife. A large reason why I carry a gun is so I don't have to run. :D

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

I just wouldn't have the heart to dispatch that fine Squirrel. I like the test you are doing. If he makes it home you can trap him again and increase the range. This could last all summer!
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

It could, but the little bugger died! I don't know why. I covered the cage to keep him calm, and put him in the shade. When I went out to check on him; croaked! He chewed up the towel I used to cover the cage, and maybe he ate a bunch of it or something. Anyway, no 'mark/recapture' experiment with this one. :(

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

farmboy

He died of a broken heart Paul I think he loved you and you were going to kick him out.

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: