10 Gauge Round Ball

Started by gitano, May 16, 2012, 05:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmboy

I can do what you are thinking as well but would have to locate some fibre wads which may not be that hard. I seem to think the only slugs I ever looked at the slug was exposed I have not looked at a slug in thirty years so I am guessing there must have been a roll crimp holding them into the hull. I have never seen a loaded ball shotgun shell.

gitano

This is a muzzleloader, farmboy. No cases/hulls. No crimping. I have heard of and seen folks use shot cups as 'sabots' for slugs and RB in muzzleloaders though. The fact is, I have to find 'thin' cloth to use as patching because the OD of the balls (~0.754") is so close to the ID of the barrels (0.764").

I'll repeat that I get a real kick out of slinging big hunks of lead downrange. I find it 'amusing' to see what those big hunks do when they hit the dirt. At an ounce and a half of lead per shot I may have to start digging the RBs out of the berm behind the targets though!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

farmboy

I was thinking it was a ten guage shotgun! In my mind I was thinking a side by side. Went to the doctor yesterday my bloods a little thick these days it's making me a little thicker than usual these days! Lol.

gitano

Easy to get confused as it IS a 10 gauge, side-by-side shotgun. Just muzzleloader.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

gitano

Hey farmboy. Speaking of 10 gauge breechloaders, I need two or three spent 10 gauge cases if you wouldn't mind. I'm using them for 'caps' on premeasured charges I'm making up for this SxS muzzleloader. Nothing you can use, just some old ones you were going to throw away. Maybe something that has been stepped on and is unreloadable. If you could toss two or three in an envelope or such I'd appreciate it. I'd ask somebody Stateside but I don't know anyone else with a 10 gauge!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

farmboy

Should be no problem do they have to be full length?

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: